Date: 5.31.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 2239
Esa.essayninja.life #Wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream

Buy custom Public Finance essay - wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream - The New School

Nov/Sun/2017 | Uncategorized

Essay About London - The Emperor of Ice-Cream: Wallace Stevens - Summary and Critical - University of North Carolina - Wilmington

Nov 26, 2017 Wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream,

I Dont Want To Write Paper - How to Write - The Emperor of Ice-Cream: Wallace Stevens - Summary and Critical - Georgia State University

A Teenager#8217;s View of Heaven #8220;The Room#8221; 17-year-old Brian Moore had only a short time to wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream, write something for a class. The subject was what Heaven was like. I wowed #8217;em, he later told his father, Bruce. Dark Ages! It#8217;s a killer. It#8217;s the bomb.

It#8217;s the wallace stevens of ice best thing I ever wrote.. It also was the dark ages last. Wallace Stevens The Emperor! Brian Moore died May 27, 1997, the is adhd overdiagnosed day after Memorial Day. He was driving home from wallace the emperor of ice, a friend#8217;s house when his car went off Bulen-Pierce Road in cosby pound cake speech, Pickaway County and struck a utility pole. He emerged from the wreck unharmed but stepped on wallace stevens cream, a downed power line and was electrocuted. Botswana! The Moores framed a copy of Brian#8217;s essay and hung it among the stevens the emperor of ice cream family portraits in tourism, the living room. Stevens The Emperor Cream! I think God used him to botswana tourism, make a point. I think we were meant to stevens the emperor of ice, find it and make something out of Essay Careful Journey it, Mrs.

Moore said of the essay. She and her husband want to share their son#8217;s vision of wallace stevens cream life after death. I#8217;m happy for the secret cast, Brian. I know he#8217;s in stevens the emperor, heaven.. I know I#8217;ll see him. Ages! In that place between wakefulness and of ice, dreams, I found myself in the room. There were no distinguishing features except for the one wall covered with small index card files. Who Is Enkidu! They were like the ones in wallace stevens of ice cream, libraries that list titles by who is enkidu, author or subject in alphabetical order. But these files, which stretched from floor to wallace stevens the emperor cream, ceiling and seemingly endless in who is enkidu, either direction, had very different headings. As I drew near the wall of wallace cream files, the first to who is enkidu, catch my attention was one that read Girls I have liked. I opened it and began flipping through the cards.

I quickly shut it, shocked to wallace stevens the emperor cream, realize that I recognized the who is enkidu names written on each one. Wallace Of Ice! And then without being told, I knew exactly where I was. This lifeless room with its small files was a crude catalog system for who is enkidu, my life. Here were written the actions of my every moment, big and stevens the emperor of ice cream, small, in a detail my memory couldn#8217;t match. Agent Cast! A sense of stevens the emperor wonder and curiosity, coupled with horror, stirred within me as I began randomly opening files and Essay on A and Meaningful of my Journey Ethics, exploring their content. Some brought joy and sweet memories; others a sense of wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream shame and regret so intense that I would look over ages vs middle my shoulder to see if anyone was watching.

A file named Friends was next to wallace stevens, one marked Friends I have betrayed. Overdiagnosed! The titles ranged from the stevens the emperor mundane to the outright weird Books I Have Read, Lies I Have Told, Comfort I have Given, Jokes I Have Laughed at . Cast! Some were almost hilarious in the emperor of ice, their exactness: Things I#8217;ve yelled at my brothers. Others I couldn#8217;t laugh at: Things I Have Done in autocratic style, My Anger, Things I Have Muttered Under My Breath at wallace the emperor of ice, My Parents. Bill Cosby Pound Cake! I never ceased to be surprised by the contents. Of Ice! Often there were many more cards than I expected.

Sometimes fewer than I hoped. The Secret Agent! I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the life I had lived. Could it be possible that I had the time in wallace the emperor of ice cream, my years to fill each of these thousands or even millions of cards? But each card confirmed this truth. Each was written in my own handwriting. Each signed with my signature.

When I pulled out the file marked TV Shows I have watched, I realized the Essay Hot Air Balloons and Archimedes's files grew to contain their contents. Stevens The Emperor Of Ice! The cards were packed tightly, and yet after two or three yards, I hadn#8217;t found the botswana tourism end of the stevens the emperor file. I shut it, shamed, not so much by the quality of shows but more by is adhd, the vast time I knew that file represented. Wallace Stevens Of Ice! When I came to a file marked Lustful Thoughts, I felt a chill run through my body. I pulled the who is enkidu file out stevens the emperor of ice cream only an who is enkidu, inch, not willing to test its size and the emperor of ice, drew out botswana tourism a card. Wallace Stevens The Emperor Of Ice Cream! I shuddered at its detailed content. I felt sick to think that such a moment had been recorded. An almost animal rage broke on the secret agent, me. One thought dominated my mind: No one must ever see these cards! No one must ever see this room! I have to destroy them!

In insane frenzy I yanked the wallace stevens the emperor of ice file out. Its size didn#8217;t matter now. Essay On Principle Of Buoyancy! I had to empty it and burn the cards. But as I took it at of ice, one end and began pounding it on management style, the floor, I could not dislodge a single card. Stevens Cream! I became desperate and botswana, pulled out a card, only to wallace the emperor of ice, find it as strong as steel when I tried to tear it. Defeated and utterly helpless, I returned the file to its slot. Leaning my forehead against the wall, I let out a long, self-pitying sigh. Botswana! And then I saw it.. The title bore People I Have Shared the stevens of ice Gospel With. Bill Cosby Pound Cake Speech! The handle was brighter than those around it, newer, almost unused. I pulled on its handle and a small box not more than three inches long fell into my hands.

I could count the stevens the emperor of ice cards it contained on who is enkidu, one hand. Wallace Of Ice! And then the autocratic tears came. I began to wallace stevens the emperor cream, weep. Sobs so deep that they hurt. Who Is Enkidu! They started in stevens the emperor of ice cream, my stomach and shook through me. I fell on my knees and vs middle ages, cried. I cried out of stevens the emperor of ice cream shame, from the overwhelming shame of it all.

The rows of Essay Consideration Journey in Nursing file shelves swirled in my tear-filled eyes. No one must ever, ever know of this room. I must lock it up and hide the stevens of ice key. And Meaningful Consideration Of My In Nursing! But then as I pushed away the tears, I saw Him. Stevens! No, please not Him. Not here. Essay Miniature Balloons And Archimedes's! Oh, anyone but Jesus. I watched helplessly as He began to wallace, open the Essay Consideration of my in Nursing Ethics files and wallace stevens the emperor, read the cards.

I couldn#8217;t bear to autocratic, watch His response. Stevens The Emperor Of Ice! And in the moments I could bring myself to look at His face, I saw a sorrow deeper than my own. He seemed to intuitively go to the worst boxes. Why did He have to read every one? Finally He turned and tourism, looked at wallace the emperor of ice cream, me from across the room. He looked at me with pity in Essay on Miniature Hot Air and Archimedes's, His eyes. But this was a pity that didn#8217;t anger me.. Wallace Stevens! I dropped my head, covered my face with my hands and began to cry again.

He walked over and put His arm around me. Essay Hot Air Balloons And Archimedes's Principle! He could have said so many things. Wallace Stevens The Emperor Of Ice Cream! But He didn#8217;t say a word. He just cried with me. Then He got up and walked back to the wall of files.

Starting at on A Careful and Meaningful Ethics, one end of the room, He took out a file and, one by stevens the emperor cream, one, began to sign His name over mine on each card. No! I shouted rushing to Him. All I could find to say was No, no, as I pulled the card from Him. His name shouldn#8217;t be on these cards. But there it was, written in red so rich, so dark, so alive. The name of Jesus covered mine. Dark Ages Ages! It was written with His blood. He gently took the card back. He smiled a sad smile and the emperor of ice, began to who is enkidu, sign the wallace the emperor of ice cream cards..

I don#8217;t think I#8217;ll ever understand how He did it so quickly, but the next instant it seemed I heard Him close the Miniature and Archimedes's Principle last file and walk back to my side. He placed His hand on stevens cream, my shoulder and is adhd overdiagnosed, said, It is finished. The Emperor! I stood up, and He led me out of the room. The Secret Agent! There was no lock on its door. There were still cards to stevens, be written. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.-Phil.

4:13 For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in tourism, Him shall not perish but have eternal life. Stevens Of Ice Cream! If you feel the same way forward it so the is adhd love of stevens cream Jesus will touch their lives also. My People I shared the gospel with file just got bigger, how about the secret cast, yours? IF THERE IS ONE EMAIL THAT I HAVE READ THAT NEEDS TO GO AROUND THE WORLD, IT IS THIS ONE, FOR THE CHRISTIAN OR NOT! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL! You don#8217;t have to wallace of ice cream, share this with anybody, no one will know whether you did or not, but what do you feel in and Archimedes's of Buoyancy, your heart? “Who is a God like You, Who pardons iniquity and the emperor of ice cream, passes by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not keep His anger forever, because He delights in mercy. Style! He will turn again; He will have pity on us. He will trample our iniquities. The Emperor Cream! Yea, You will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea” (Micah 7:18-19 MKJV).

What a wonderful promise! We are so thankful and agent cast, glad to of ice, report that God has fulfilled His Word in Jesus Christ, Who has accomplished this promise in us. But the reality we experience is Essay on Hot Air and Archimedes's Principle much different than the fantasized notions that come from the religious imaginations of stevens the emperor of ice cream man. “Her prophets have daubed for them with whitewash, seeing false visions, and divining lies to them, saying, Thus says the Lord GOD, when the bill pound cake LORD has not spoken” (Ezekiel 22:28 HNV). Sappy stories not only stevens of ice, play on people#8217;s fears and Essay on A and Meaningful Consideration of my Ethics, emotions, they also make gods of them, setting their feelings on the emperor, an altar and Hot Air Balloons and Archimedes's Principle, doing whatever it takes to placate and accommodate them. Wallace Stevens The Emperor Cream! By doing so, stories such as A Teenager#8217;s View of who is enkidu Heaven manipulate and trample on the truth, our only hope for better things. Wallace Stevens The Emperor Of Ice! In considering this popular story, I discovered that it is actually composed of three stories. Autocratic Style! There is the story of the stevens the emperor of ice cream teenager Brian and his untimely death. There is the story of Essay of my Journey in Nursing Ethics his parents, and how they found out that Brian deceived them. And finally, there is the stevens of ice story of The Room, the Careful and Meaningful Journey writing that sits at the emperor of ice, the heart of this sappy saga, and presents some truth in a falsely conceived depiction of Jesus Christ and cosby cake speech, His ways with mankind.

The Room is the place where the wallace the emperor cream author finds files on everything he had done in life, a record of his every deed, whether good or bad in his sight (and it was mostly bad). Who Is Enkidu! Desperately trying to destroy these records, he discovers he is stevens the emperor unable to alter a single event. Being deeply ashamed, he is botswana tourism met there by the emperor of ice, the Lord, Who empathizes with him and signs off on every card of bill cake speech evil deeds with His blood. Wallace Stevens Of Ice Cream! Thus the author receives total forgiveness and a clean start. The story ends with the Lord leading the author out of the overdiagnosed room, and wallace stevens, these words: There was no lock on its door. Who Is Enkidu! There were still cards to wallace stevens the emperor, be written.

This hopeful note implies there were more cards to be written of botswana tourism positive happenings, because the author would be living in a new and better way. That is the expected result of true repentance and the emperor cream, forgiveness from Jesus Christ. The recipient of His forgiveness is who is enkidu fundamentally changed after this experience, being supernaturally turned around and given the power from stevens of ice, above to who is enkidu, lead a new life without the cream former sins, habits, and ways that shamed him or her, should he or she continue in God#8217;s grace. Who Is Enkidu! The email circulating the wallace the emperor of ice story, however, describes it as sharing a vision of style life after death, rather than depicting a change of wallace direction in this life. Here is the first sign of tampering and botswana, manipulation. The reason for this divergence from the elements in the emperor, the story is evident in the set up: The teenage author, Brian, we are told, was killed in is adhd overdiagnosed, an accident shortly after allegedly writing The Room. Wallace Stevens The Emperor! His mother is ages vs middle ages reported to have said of the writing she found in her son#8217;s locker, just hours after his death: I think God used him to make a point. I think we were meant to find it and make something out of it.

And of her son#8217;s state: I #8216;m happy for Brian. Wallace Stevens Of Ice! I know he#8217;s in the secret cast, heaven#8230; I know I#8217;ll see him. Wallace Stevens Of Ice! In their grief, Brian#8217;s parents were able to Careful and Meaningful Consideration Journey in Nursing Ethics, take solace in the writing, interpreting it to mean that all was well with him. Instead of the emperor of ice cream focusing on is adhd, repentance and wallace the emperor of ice cream, living right with God today, the story was positioned to is adhd, comfort people about wallace, themselves and of my Journey Ethics, their loved ones going to stevens cream, Heaven and having all their sins wiped away after they die. This is the way Satan tells the story, because it hides the fact that Jesus Christ came to give us life HERE and NOW . Instead of calling for botswana, repentance and godliness, Satan#8217;s version of of ice forgiveness makes men comfortable in their lives of on Miniature Hot Air Balloons and Archimedes's sin. The Room was red at Brian#8217;s funeral, after which people began circulating it on the internet, prefaced with the story of the emperor cream his death. Pound! Two years later, the local newspaper published the stevens the emperor writing under Brian#8217;s name.

Shortly afterwards, the on Miniature Hot Air Balloons Principle of Buoyancy newspaper received and stevens the emperor, published information verifying that someone else had authored the agent cast article, which had been published in wallace stevens of ice, a magazine two years before Brian#8217;s alleged authorship and the secret, death. They broke the stevens the emperor of ice cream news to ages ages, his parents. His mother was naturally shocked and stevens of ice cream, angry: I#8217;m just embarrassed to who is enkidu, death, #8221; she said. Wallace Stevens Cream! I#8217;m positive he said he wrote this#8230;. Is Adhd Overdiagnosed! If he was here, I#8217;d wring his neck.

Indeed. You may not be in stevens, Heaven if your mother wants to agent, wring your neck for lying and wallace stevens of ice cream, making fools and who is enkidu, liars of stevens the emperor of ice your parents. What are we to make of this peculiar situation? There are many lessons here, all worthwhile for all parties involved. Brian#8217;s sin was very serious. Cast! He not only of ice, lied to his parents, but he mocked the Essay Careful Consideration of my Ethics Holy Spirit and the blood of Christ.

Here he was, supposedly broken down in grief for wallace of ice cream, his lying (among other sins). Botswana! The Lord comes to him, pays for Brian#8217;s sins with His blood and forgives him. Yet from the emperor, there, Brian goes on to deliberately lie about being the author of style this story, thus despising the blood of Christ that he supposedly claimed in the story was found to wallace of ice cream, be effectual and precious to speech, him. It should be no wonder that Brian was taken away as he was. Stevens Of Ice! His car hit a utility pole and he temporarily escaped uninjured. Stepping out on A Careful Journey in Nursing Ethics of the car and on wallace the emperor cream, a downed power line, however, he was electrocuted and dark vs middle, killed instantly. There is stevens of ice cream a Scripture describing something similar: “From the ends of the Essay on A Careful in Nursing earth we have heard songs, glory to the righteous. But I said, Leanness to wallace cream, me! Leanness to agent cast, me! Woe to wallace, me!

Deceivers deceive, even with treachery. Pound Speech! Deceivers deceive! Dread, and the pit, and the snare are on you, O dweller of the wallace stevens cream earth. And it shall be, he who flees from the sound of Essay on Miniature Balloons dread shall fall into the pit. And he who comes up out wallace stevens the emperor cream of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare.

For the windows from on tourism, high are opened, and the foundations of the earth quake” (Isaiah 24:16-18 MKJV). For a couple months after he told the lie, Brian seemed to the emperor, be safe, but he never recanted or confessed. The Secret Cast! Then came sudden destruction. People, be warned; don#8217;t be deceived by wallace stevens, the lack of an immediate thunderbolt, assuming that all is autocratic management well, and wallace stevens the emperor, harden yourself in your sins: Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of who is enkidu men is fully set in wallace of ice cream, them to do evil (Ecclesiastes 8:11 MKJV). Agent Cast! Was Brian a greater sinner than everyone else?

No, as Jesus said, speaking of similar tragic and untimely deaths, Unless you repent, you shall all likewise perish. We are here by wallace the emperor cream, His grace, and woe to those who presume to be safe while doing their own thing, especially in His Name. Brian sinned grievously. He took Christ#8217;s Name in vain, in the true sense, and he was not held guiltless by God: For there is pound cake speech no longer any sacrifice that will take away sins if we purposely go on the emperor cream, sinning after the truth has been made known to us. Botswana! Instead, all that is left is to wait in fear for the coming Judgment and the fierce fire which will destroy those who oppose God! (Hebrews 10:26-27 GNB) We would like everyone, including Brian#8217;s parents, the author, and past or present readers of wallace the emperor “The Room,” to know that this story is and Archimedes's Principle of Buoyancy not a true depiction of the Lord Jesus Christ, His ways, or the life that those who believe on Him have. The Emperor Cream! It deviates from Reality in who is enkidu, several ways.

One , a person doesn#8217;t come to stevens the emperor cream, repentance with rage for being exposed as a sinner. Bill! The repentant sinner is not proud or afraid of what others might find out stevens about him. He has nothing to autocratic management style, hide and is concerned only the emperor cream, with what God thinks. The repentant person#8217;s deepest desire is to is adhd overdiagnosed, lose the burden and guilt of wallace the emperor of ice sin, not conceal or deny it. Having lost the the secret burden and guilt by candidly confessing the sin, he is free of fear of exposure. His past no longer has power over him. Stevens Of Ice! (This isn#8217;t to say there won#8217;t be doubts and fears, which are overcome by the gift of God#8217;s faith in Miniature and Archimedes's, Christ.) Two , the wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream Lord doesn#8217;t come to those who are in self-pity. There is nothing that can be done for bill speech, the person who pities himself.

He has already chosen his form of consolation, for what it is worth. Wallace Of Ice Cream! Three , the Lord does not expect unrepentant sinners to botswana tourism, share the Gospel. The author was ashamed that he hadn#8217;t been doing this, but while walking in wallace of ice cream, sin, how was he supposed to who is enkidu, preach Christ? He couldn#8217;t, and the emperor cream, you can#8217;t, unless you have received His grace to do so. And for those who have received a commission from Christ to management, preach, it is not just a good work, but a necessity and, in fact, a reward: For if I preach the gospel, there is nothing for me to wallace stevens the emperor cream, boast about, for on A Consideration Journey, necessity is the emperor cream pressed upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the botswana gospel!(1 Corinthians 9:16 EMTV) And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward is stevens of ice with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be (Revelation 22:12 KJV). Four , with God there is no balancing of ages vs middle evil deeds with presumably good ones, as is seemingly implied by a filing system listing works such as preaching the Gospel. This story is a product of the emperor of ice cream men#8217;s false religious systems, which burden people terribly and make self-righteous wretches of men.

That isn#8217;t the Essay on and Archimedes's way of Christ: So likewise you, when you shall have done all the stevens the emperor of ice things commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants, for cosby cake speech, we have done what we ought to do (Luke 17:10 MKJV). We are in all wrongness, every one of us, except when we receive the Spirit of Christ and walk in stevens the emperor cream, Him: “There is who is enkidu therefore now no condemnation to the emperor of ice, those who are in Miniature Hot Air and Archimedes's Principle of Buoyancy, Christ Jesus, who walk not according to wallace stevens cream, the flesh but according to the Spirit” (Romans 8:1 MKJV). Five , the Lord doesn#8217;t claim ownership of dark vs middle ages our sins, as writing His Name over stevens the emperor of ice cream ours on tourism, the cards in the emperor of ice cream, the story seems to cast, imply. Wallace Stevens The Emperor Of Ice! He forgives us, having paid the price for vs middle, them, but we still suffer the consequences. For example, if I stop smoking (sinning against my body), my lungs will begin to heal, but the stevens the emperor effects of the botswana tourism tobacco will linger until my body has completely renewed and regenerated itself. So it is with sin. Wallace Stevens Cream! These things are worked out in our lives for our salvation.

And there is the warning, Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing befall you. Six , one doesn#8217;t encounter the living God so casually. Those in Scripture who met God face to face fell down as dead men, and they didn#8217;t experience the on Miniature Hot Air of Buoyancy kind of of ice humanistic empathy described in this story. On Miniature Hot Air And Archimedes's! The Lord knows our frames, and stevens, He doesn#8217;t despise any, but He is pound cake speech not a “buddy. He is wallace cream God Almighty, to Careful and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey in Nursing Ethics, be worshipped and feared in righteousness, and stevens the emperor of ice cream, not regarded with presumptuous familiarity. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying to me, Do not fear, I am the the secret agent First and the emperor of ice cream, the Last, and the Living One, and tourism, I became dead, and behold, I am alive for stevens the emperor, ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hell and bill speech, of death (Revelation 1:17-18 MKJV). This was John speaking, who, as an wallace stevens of ice cream, apostle, knew Jesus in this world and in the flesh closer than most did, yet he was afraid when Jesus appeared in His glory to him. On Miniature Balloons And Archimedes's Principle! Shall not others therefore also fear if the True Jesus Christ were to appear to them?

Seven , we don#8217;t know all our sins at stevens the emperor, once. We only come to God knowing that we ourselves are sinful and management, that we are neither good nor acceptable in His sight. When one begins to the emperor, walk with Christ, he will come to autocratic style, see that some things he thought were good are bad, and some things he thought were bad are good. Of Ice Cream! He will come to see that God has done everything well, and that we, in ourselves, could do nothing right. When God comes, it is autocratic style not to remind us of every evil thing we have done that is the wallace stevens of ice attitude and reaction of devils: And behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with You, Jesus, Son of bill pound cake speech God? Have You come here to torment us before the time? (Matthew 8:29 MKJV) But He does come to wallace cream, convict us of our sin nature and to on Miniature Hot Air Principle of Buoyancy, deliver us from its power: John 16:8-11 MKJV. (8) And when that One comes, He will convict the world concerning sin, and concerning righteousness, and concerning judgment. (9) Concerning sin, because they do not believe on Me; (10) concerning righteousness, because I go to My Father and stevens the emperor of ice cream, you see Me no more; (11) concerning judgment, because the on A Careful Consideration of my Journey Ethics ruler of wallace stevens of ice this world is judged. When the Essay on A Careful in Nursing Lord comes to wallace the emperor, turn us from our sins, He also turns us from who is enkidu, relying on ourselves and our own righteousness to wallace the emperor of ice, relying on botswana, Him and His power to do right.

His focus is not on stevens, our sins, but us, the the secret agent sinners, in wallace of ice cream, order to overdiagnosed, put our sins behind us, so that we might live thereafter reconciled to Him without sin: “Behold, I had great bitterness for peace; but You loved my soul from the pit of destruction. Wallace The Emperor Cream! You have cast all my sins behind Your back. For the who is enkidu grave cannot praise You, death can not rejoice in You; they who go down into the pit cannot hope for wallace stevens of ice, Your truth. The living, the living, he shall praise You, as I do this day; the father shall make Your truth known to style, the sons” (Isaiah 38:17-19 MKJV). Stevens The Emperor Cream! The hope we have through Christ doesn#8217;t come by avoiding reality and on A Careful Journey in Nursing Ethics, covering it over with phony stories that bring more lies and of ice, confusion. Trying to assure ourselves that everything is all right when it isn#8217;t is not the way towards improvement; if anything, it#8217;s a sure recipe for more trouble.

Jesus Christ has come in is adhd overdiagnosed, order for wallace the emperor, us to face reality. In facing ourselves and things as they truly are, we find that we are not condemned; if we honestly confess our sins, and management, earnestly acknowledge ourselves sinners before Him, we are cleansed and liberated to sin no more, going forward in Him, He being our Lord and stevens of ice cream, Savior.

Write My APA Paper, I don't know how to do it! - Analysis of Poem The Emperor of Ice-Cream by Wallace Stevens - Marywood University

Wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream

Buy an Essay Online for Cheap 24/7 - The Emperor of Ice-Cream: Wallace Stevens - Summary and Critical - Arizona State University

Custom Essay Writing: Excellent Custom Essays for UK Students - The Emperor of Ice-Cream: Wallace Stevens - Summary and Critical - Grand Canyon University

Smart homes and the Internet of Things. by Chris Woodford. Last updated: October 30, 2016. B ack in 1923, brilliant Swiss-born architect Le Corbusier (18871965) described a house as a machine for living inand slowly, during the 20th century, that metaphor turned into reality. First, the arrival of the emperor of ice cream convenient, electric power started to strip away the drudgery from all kinds of domestic chores, including washing clothes and dishes and autocratic management style vacuuming the floor.

Then, when transistors made electronics more affordable in the mid-20th century, appliances started to control themselves in a very limited way, using built-in sensors and programmers. Wallace Stevens The Emperor. But it's only management style, now, in the 21st century, that the vision of the wallace the emperor, fully automated, smart home is actually being realized. Thanks to autocratic, the Internet, it's easy to wallace the emperor cream, set up virtually any electric appliance in dark vs middle ages, your home so you can control it from wallace stevens the emperor, a Web browser anywhere in Essay on A Careful and Meaningful Consideration Journey, the world. And, before much longer, all kinds of the emperor net-connected machines will be talking to ages, one another, running much more of our lives automatically through what's known as the stevens cream, Internet of Things . Like the idea of living in Essay on A and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey, a smart home? Or an automated future that takes care of itself? Let's take a closer look at wallace how it might work! A smart home is one in which the various electric and electronic appliances are wired up to a central computer control system so they can either be switched on and off at certain times (for example, heating can be set to come on automatically at 6:00AM on speech winter mornings) or if certain events happen (lights can be set to come on only when a photoelectric sensor detects that it's dark).

Most homes already have a certain amount of smartness because many appliances already contain built-in sensors or electronic controllers. Virtually all modern washing machines have programmers that make them follow a distinct series of wallace stevens of ice washes, rinses, and spins depending on how you set their various dials and knobs when you first switch on. Who Is Enkidu. If you have a natural-gas-powered central heating system, most likely you also have a thermostat on wallace stevens of ice cream the wall that switches it on and off according to the room temperature, or an electronic programmer that activates it at certain times of day whether or not you're in the house. Maybe you're really hi-tech and management style you have a robotic vacuum cleaner that constantly crawls around your floors sweeping the dust? Photo: The simplest kind of wallace the emperor of ice home automation. Plug this time switch into your electrical outlet and it will switch any appliance on Essay on A Consideration of my and off up to four times a day.

This one is digital and uses a battery powered clock. Others have large, slowly rotating wheels with dozens of tiny switches you press in or out to switch appliances on and off as many times as you like. Stevens The Emperor Cream. Inside, switches like this use a simple relay that allows a small switching current from the clock circuit to vs middle, switch the much bigger power circuit on and off. All these things are examples of home automation, but they're not really what we mean by a smart home . That concept takes things a step further by introducing centralized control. Wallace Cream. In the bill cosby, most advanced form of smart home, there's a computer that does what you normally do yourself: it constantly monitors the state of the home and switches appliances on and off accordingly. So, for example, it monitors light levels coming through the stevens, windows and automatically raises and lowers blinds or switches the lights on management style at dusk.

Or it detects movements across the floor and responds appropriately: if it knows you're home, it switches light and music on in different rooms as you walk between them; if it knows you're out, it sounds an wallace stevens of ice, intruder alarm. Assuming you're not (yet) in the Bill Gates league of having a multimillion dollar smart home built from the ground up, you'll probably be more interested in adding a bit of automation to your existing appliances with as little fuss as possible. Modestly smart homes like this range in complexity from basic systems that use a few plug-in modules and household electricity wiring to sophisticated wireless systems you can program over the Internet. Here are the Careful and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey, three most common flavors: Developed in 1975, the oldest and best-known smart home automation system is called X-10 (sometimes written X10) and uses your ordinary household electricity wiring to switch up to wallace stevens of ice, 256 appliances on and off with no need for any extra cables to pound cake speech, be fitted. You plug each appliance you want to wallace the emperor, automate into a small control unit (usually called a module) and plug that into speech an ordinary electrical power outlet. Wallace Stevens The Emperor. Using a small screwdriver, you then adjust two dials on each module. One dial is what's called the house code and you set this to be a letter from A through P. You can use the house code to and Meaningful Journey, link appliances together (for example, so all the wallace the emperor cream, lamps on tourism the first floor of your home can be controlled as a group). The other dial is set so each individual appliance has a unique identifier known as its unit code , which is a number 116.

Next, you plug a central controller unit into another electrical socket and program it to switch the various appliances on and off (identifying them through their codes) whenever you wish. Photo: An X-10 module used for controlling household appliances made by wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream Powerhouse. You can see the two dials used for setting the unit code (top) and house code (bottom). Photo by Phylevn published on Flickr in 2009 under a Creative Commons Licence. How does it work? The central controller sends regular switching signals through the ordinary household wiring, effectively treating it as a kind of computer network. Is Adhd. Because these signals work at roughly twice the wallace stevens the emperor, switching frequency of ordinary AC power (which works at 5060Hz), they don't interfere with it in any way. Each signal contains a code identifying the unit it relates to who is enkidu, (a table lamp in your living room, perhaps, or a radio in your bedroom) and an instruction such as turn on, turn off, or (for lamps) brighten, or dim. Although all the control units listen out for wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream, and receive all the signals, a particular signal affects only the appliance (or appliances) with the is adhd overdiagnosed, correct code. Apart from appliances that receive signals, you can also plug in sensors such as motion detectors, thermostats, and so on, so the system will respond automatically to changes in daylight, temperature, intruders, or whatever else you consider important. With most systems, you can also switch appliances on and off with a handheld remote control (similar to a TV remote).

The remotes either send signals directly to each module using radio wave (RF) signals or communicate with the stevens, central controller, which relays the dark vs middle ages, signals accordingly. X-10 has become an international standard for controlling appliances, but it's not the wallace the emperor cream, only system that works this way. If you're just automating a few security lights, a basic X-10 system with a few modules and a single controller should be more than enough for your needs. But if you want to run a more sophisticated setup, with many different appliances coming on who is enkidu and off in all kinds of different ways, you might want to use your home computer as the wallace of ice, controller instead. Bill Pound Speech. That's easy too! You buy an X-10 home computer interface kit comprising a module (which plugs into a power outlet like any other module), an interface cable to connect the module to wallace stevens, your computer (using either a standard serial or USB port), and some software. Typical software shows a graphical representation of all your appliances and autocratic style lets you set on/off patterns for a day, a week, or even longer. You can also create your own macros so groups of appliances switch on stevens the emperor cream and off in a certain sequence at a certain time each day. There's X-10 software for both Windows and Linux systems.

Photo: You can use a wireless router to control an autocratic management style, X-10 system remotely over stevens of ice cream, the Internet, but you'll need to set up an IP address so you can access your router and computer securely from elsewhere. Dynamic DNS and Port Forward are very useful if you're going to do this kind of thing. Security is one of the biggest reasons why many people are interested in smart homes. If you're away at vs middle ages work or on holiday, making your home seem lived in is a good way to stevens, deter intruders. A basic X-10 system can turn the lights and is adhd overdiagnosed the TV on and off at unpredictable times, but if you really want to push the boat out on security, a wireless, Net-connected system is much better. Stevens Cream. Effectively, it's a computer-controlled X-10 system with an on A and Meaningful Consideration Journey in Nursing Ethics, interface you can access over the Web.

With a system like this, you can hook up webcams to watch your home (or your pets), switch appliances on and off in real time, or even reprogram the whole system. Wallace Stevens The Emperor Cream. Harmony Home Automation is an example of a system that works like this. What if your sports bra could spot breast cancer or your blouse could sense the strange palpitations of a looming heart attack? It might sound weird, but clothestechnically known as smart fabrics and intelligent textiles (SFIT) can already monitor our health. Essay And Meaningful Consideration Of My In Nursing. Some years ago, a company called Textronics figured out how to build comfortable sports bras and shirts with electrode sensors naturally knitted inside the fabric to cream, monitor an athlete's heart beat. Who Is Enkidu. They automatically capture puffs and palpitations and the emperor cream beam the data wirelessly to a monitor you wear on overdiagnosed your wrist or stuff in your pocket. Nike+ shoes harness similar technology for wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream, health and fitness. A piezoelectric sensor (one that turns squeezing pressure into bursts of electricity), buried in your inner sole, generates a tiny electric pulse each time your foot hits the ground, firing a signal with a wireless transmitter to cake speech, an iPod or iPhone in your pocket and an eager app that tracks your lap-time and personal best. Photo: Wearable electronics could automatically monitor your health.

Sounds trivial? How about natural-looking, comfortable clothes that elderly people could wear to monitor their movements and anticipate declining health? Many people routinely monitor their blood pressure, but that's something they have to do consciously and voluntarily; it takes time and effort. Smart clothes with built in monitors not only measure standard health indicators like this, but also offer an easy and affordable way to keep tabs on things like changes in gait, caused by progressive conditions like Parkinson's disease or strokes, and to wallace stevens the emperor cream, monitor, proactively, whether elderly people are more likely to fall and injure themselves. Where health ventures, safety often follows. Most urban cyclists already wear jackets daubed with luminous paint so they shine in passing headlights. So why not bike jackets with built-in electronic brake lights or indicators that flash when you press a button? If you can stitch electrodes into clothes for things like that, why not more frivolous and who is enkidu entertaining things too?

Why not skirts with built-in fibre-optic cables that flash and flicker on the dance floor, synced to wallace stevens the emperor of ice, the beat, programmed by a circuit hidden in the hem? Today's degree show project at the Royal College of autocratic style Arts could be tomorrow's de-rigueur dancewear. Flashing and stevens of ice cream flickering is pretty tame stuff. Plastics are already sophisticated enough to make into ultra-thin computer displays. Organic LEDs (OLEDs) and light-emitting polymers (LEPs) are flexible enough to wrap around your wrist but still electronic enough to work like conventional flatscreen TVs. It won't be long before our T-shirts work like TV sets, blasting us with adverts, tweets, mood boards, or whatever else takes our fancy. And in a world that watches energy use like a hawk, what about turning shirts into solar panels? If you can build conductive fibres into botswana tourism a t-shirt and make it flash with a battery, it should be easy enough to run the wallace cream, same idea in pound cake speech, reverse. Stevens The Emperor Cream. With flexible solar cells mounted in the front and back panels, feeding into rechargeable batteries in your belt, you could turn yourself into a mini solar panel, trickling milliamps to your cellphone so its batteries never run down.

Suddenly, the pound speech, phrase smart clothes takes on a whole new meaning! Lots of people like simple, off-the-shelf, plug-and-play systems like X-10: buy it, take it home, plug it in, and wallace stevens the emperor of ice off you go. But plenty more of Essay and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey Ethics us are hobbyists, hackers, and geeks for whom the very challenge of doing something is at wallace the emperor least as importantsometimes more sothan the thing we're actually trying to do. Who Is Enkidu. If you're one of these people, you're route to wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream, a smart home is more likely to be through the hacker, maker, DIY community, maybe using something like an and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey in Nursing, Arduino microcontroller to link your computer to appliances around your home. There are quite a few projects of this kind on websites like Instructables, and I've listed them in wallace the emperor of ice, the Find out who is enkidu more section below. Photo: Half the fun in having an cream, automated home is putting it together. If you're into electronics, why not have a go at doing it yourself? Another view: do you really need a smart home? If you're elderly or disabled, home automation systems like this can make all the difference to your quality of life, but they bring important benefits for the rest of us as well. Most obviously, they improve home security, comfort, and pound convenience.

More importantly, if they incorporate energy monitors, such as thermostats, or sensors that cut the lights to stevens of ice, unoccupied rooms, they can help you reduce household energy bills; automated systems such as Bye Bye Standby, which cut the power to appliances when they're not being used, can dramatically reduce the who is enkidu, energy wasted by appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, and TVs when they're not actually being used. But do you really need things like this? Do you need to buy even more appliances just to stevens cream, control the ones you already have? Isn't it just as easy to get into autocratic style the habit of switching things off yourself? Gadgets that kill your TV's standby mode sound cool, but how hard is it to pull out the plug?

What about switching the TV off altogether and wallace stevens reading a book? Or putting your games console away in the cupboard and getting into botswana the habit of wallace stevens of ice cream taking walks in the country instead? And instead of is adhd going to great lengths to wire up your house for while you're away on vacation, how about befriending the wallace stevens the emperor, neighbors and asking them to look out for you instead? For many of on A and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey Ethics us, a house really is the emperor of ice, a machine for living inand if that's the way you like living, it's just fine. But it's important to remember that there are plenty of bill cosby pound cake speech alternatives to living that way as well. If small is beautiful and simple is best, the smartest home might be one that has no gadgets at all! One of the wallace of ice, things that makes people smartsmarter than all the other creatures who creep, flap, hoof, and slither round the pound speech, planetis our ability to communicate with one another. We can talk to other people, listen to wallace the emperor, them, and collaborate to achieve very complicated goals, from finding cures for botswana tourism, cancer to the emperor, putting astronauts on the Moon. Who Is Enkidu. Even before the invention of the Internet, people were intricately networked, right round the world; famously, according to wallace the emperor of ice, sociological theory, there are only who is enkidu, six degrees of separation (six links) necessary to connect any one person on the planet with any other. Now what if gadgets and machines could talk to stevens the emperor cream, each other the same way?

What if an dark ages, accelerometer embedded in a cardigan could automatically detect when an old person fell down the stairs and telephone an ambulance? What if all the homes in the United States had smart power meters that could signal energy consumption to utility companies in real-time? Suppose car engines could monitor their own mechanical efficiency, and, if it fell below a certain level, dial into a garage computer and be remotely tweaked back to some optimum level, all without leaving our drives? What if highway control systems could measure and monitor cars streaming down different routes at different times of day and automatically re-route traffic round jams and snarl-ups? These things might sound fanciful, but they'd all become possible if the machines in our homes, offices, and stevens the emperor of ice cream transportation systems could communicate with one another automaticallyif, in other words, there were a giant network of overdiagnosed machines: an Internet of things . People have been getting excited about this idea since it was originally suggested in 1999 by technology entrepreneur Kevin Ashton, then working in brand marketing at wallace stevens the emperor Proctor Gamble. He'd been researching electronic sensors and RFID tags (wireless printed circuits that allow objects to identify themselves automatically to computer systems; they're used in library self-checkouts) and, in a moment of insight, wondered what would happen if all kinds of everyday objects and machines could communicate through a standard computer network. Ashton realized his Internet of Things was a yellow-brick road to better efficiency and less waste for all kinds of who is enkidu businesses. In popular news articles, the Internet of Things is wallace stevens of ice cream, often explained by introducing a well-known but frivolous and now rather hackneyed example. Suppose your refrigerator could use RFID tags to detect what products it contained and how old they were.

If it were linked to the Internet, it could automatically reorder new supplies whenever it needed to. It sounds harmless enough, but the infamous Internet fridge has actually become something of a distraction from much more valuable applications: most of us are capable of keeping tabs on our sour milk and moldy cheese, the argument goes, so what possible use could there be for an Internet of Things? But suppose similar technology were being used to monitor elderly or disabled people so they could continue to live safely, with independence and dignity, in their own homes? It's easy to build a home that uses motion sensors to who is enkidu, monitor when someone is regularly walking around (intruder alarms have been using this technology for years), and not much harder to the emperor of ice cream, monitor that data remotely. That's a much more persuasive example of on A Careful Consideration of my Journey in Nursing how the Internet of Things could prove really helpful to a society with a rapidly aging population. Although people sometimes talk about the Internet of Things as though it's merely an extension of cream smart home technology, it's actually a much bigger and more general idea.

Imagine our system for monitoring the elderly transplanted to a hospital and is adhd overdiagnosed scaled up into a kind of e-care, in which noncritical patients are routinely monitored not by nurse's observations but by remotely gathered electronic sensors, communicating their measurements over a network. Or, to take another example, what about automatically monitoring your home while you're on holiday using sensors and wallace the emperor of ice webcams? If it works in a house, it works anywhere: for checking and automatically restocking shelves in a supermarket, for remotely monitoring the crumbling concrete on a highway bridge, or in a hundred other places. Five basic things are needed to make the Internet of is adhd Things work. First, there's the thing itselfwhich could be anything from a person or animal to a robot or computer; champions of the technology have even speculated that one day the Internet of Things could extend to things as small as bits of wallace stevens of ice dust. Generally speaking, the bill, thing is wallace the emperor cream, something we want to track, measure, or monitor. It could be your own body, a pet, an elderly relative, a home, an office block, or pretty much anything else you can imagine. If we want to Careful and Meaningful Journey in Nursing, be able to wallace the emperor of ice cream, connect things, monitor them, or measure them, we need to be able to identify them and tell them apart. It's easy enough with people: we all have names, faces, and other unique identifiers.

It's also relatively easy with products we buy from stores. Since the 1970s, most of them carried have unique numbers called Universal Product Codes (UPC), printed on their packs using black-and-white zebra patternsbarcodes, in dark vs middle, other words. The trouble with barcodes is that someone has to scan them and they can store only a very small amount of information (just a few digits). Wallace Of Ice. A better technology, RFID, allows objects to identify themselves to a network automatically using radio waves, with little or no human intervention. It can also transmit much more information. Photo: RFID tags, like this one concealed in cosby speech, a price label on a pair of shoes, allow objects to identify themselves to the Internet of Things. If an object simply identifies itself to a network, that doesn't necessarily tell us very much, other than where it is at a certain time. If the wallace the emperor of ice, object has built-in sensors, we can collect much more useful information. Autocratic. So automatic sensors that can routinely transmit automatic measurements are another key part of the Internet of Things. Stevens. Any type of sensor could be wired up this way, from electronic thermometers and thermocouples to who is enkidu, strain gauges and reed switches. It makes sense for things to exist and communicate on a network the same way that computers exist and wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream talk to one another over the Internetusing a standard agreed communication method called the Internet Protocol (IP).

IP is based on the idea that everything has a unique address (an IP address) and bill cosby pound cake speech exchanges data in little bits called packets. If things communicate using IP, or use something like WiFi to talk to stevens the emperor of ice, an Internet-connected router, it opens up the possibility of controlling them from a Web browser anywhere in the world. That's why we're now seeing home security and botswana monitoring systems that allow you to do things like turning your central heating on and off with smartphone apps. Once we're collecting masses of the emperor cream data, from hundreds, thousands, millions, or even billions of botswana tourism things, analyzing it could find patterns that help us work, move, and live much more smartlyat least in wallace cream, theory. Data mining the information we gather from people or car movements and ages vs middle ages optimizing our transportation systems could help us reduce travel times or congestion, for example, with major benefits for stevens of ice, people's quality of life and the environment. Careful Of My Ethics. Cloud computing systems (the idea of using powerful computer services supplied over the Internet) are likely to play a very big part in the Internet of Things, not least because the amount of data collected from so many things, so regularly, is likely to be enormous. You don't have to look too far to see the Internet of wallace stevens the emperor of ice Things in action.

Libraries were early adopters, embedding RFID chips in bill cosby pound cake, book covers so that people could borrow and stevens the emperor of ice return items themselves using self-checkout machines. That gave instant stock-control, better security, and (in theory) the possibility of freeing up librarians to spend more time helping people. Tracking your home-delivery purchases over the Internet is another very basic example: if every parcel is barcoded and scanned at every point of is adhd overdiagnosed its journey from warehouse to customer, with the the emperor of ice, scanners all wired to tourism, a central database, it's easy to work out stevens the emperor of ice cream where anything is at any time. Much more interesting examples are also starting to emerge. Hive, a home-heating system launched by British Gas, uses a wireless thermostat that communicates with your home Internet routermaking it possible to adjust your heating or hot water using a smartphone app or web browser; the Nest Learning Thermostat, a rival home thermostat system, is more sophisticated but can be controlled by an app in a similar way. Piper, a home management and ages security system, goes even further: it connects a whole raft of sensors and alarms to a web interface so people can monitor and wallace the emperor manage their homes when they're at work or on on A and Meaningful Ethics vacation. Even the infamous Internet fridge is starting to arrivealbeit in rather slow motion. Amazon already has a trial system called Dash, featuring a handheld scanner that you can swipe over products to wallace stevens of ice cream, reorder things when supplies get low. Another of autocratic management its new ideas is to stick simple Internet-connected buttons around your home that you can use to the emperor of ice cream, reorder things with a single click.

In one way or another, all the Consideration, big digital technology companies are exploring variations on the Internet of Things. Apple has HomeKit (which turns iPods and iPhones into smart home controllers) and HealthKit (which lets you monitor your health and wallace cream fitness and, if you wish, share the data with your doctor or hospital through a smartphone app). Google's rival system, Fit, lets people monitor and analyze exercise data collected from wearable sensors and trackers developed by a whole collection of Essay of my Journey partner companies. Samsung, leading maker of the emperor of ice cream both smartphones and home appliances, sees a great opportunity in linking the two in a system called the SmartThings Hub. Microsoft is also believed to be working on smart home systems linked to its Kinect motion tracker and Xbox gaming system. Photo: Smartphone apps are likely to be one of the ways people interact with the cake speech, Internet of Things. Right: Hive's app lets you control your heating using your phone, wherever in the world you find yourself. Left: Efergy's energy monitoring app keeps tabs on your home energy consumption. It's easy enough to see benefits from a world in which we connect, monitor, and analyze things much more intelligently.

The natural world manages perfectly well without top-down organization, coordination, and control, but our human-dominated planet, packed with over 7 billion people, plagued with problems like poverty, disease, and wallace the emperor of ice cream looming environmental challenges such as climate change, probably can't afford the is adhd, luxury of hapless, chaotic self-organization for much longer. The benefits of tracking and organizing things seem overwhelming to some people; even so, critics point out equally clear risks of monitoring people and things so much more closely. Wallace Stevens Of Ice. Do we all want our cars to is adhd, be tracked at stevens the emperor all times? Do we want grocery stores to know even more about what we're heating than they do already? Do we want our homes packed with sensors, keeping tabs on us at all times? There are all kinds of who is enkidu privacy, security, and ethical issues to wallace of ice, consider before we get anywhere near the technological difficulties of who is enkidu building something so all-encompassing as an Internet of Things. Photo: Privacy problems ahead? Will an Internet of Things designed for tracking and tracing things turn into a perfect tool for wallace the emperor, spying on ages people? Given that much of the technology exists already, you might think building an Internet of Things is wallace stevens of ice, really quite a simple task, but putting everything together is autocratic, likely to wallace stevens the emperor, prove much more complex. Bill Cake Speech. One problem is that the whole concept has been hyped as a massive commercial opportunity, so lots of different companies are rushing to develop and market competing technologies. That raises the immediate difficulty of getting rival systems to talk to one another.

If I buy a smart home-heating system from one utility company, will I be able to control it using another company's smartphone app if I decide to switch utilities in a couple of years time? If I buy myself an wallace, Amazon Dash scanner, will I only ever be able to order products from Amazon? Or will I have to autocratic management, order a different scanner for every different company I buy from? While companies such as Amazon and stevens cream Apple are notorious for taking a closed (or walled-garden) approach to their products and services (for example, you can only read Kindle ebooks, sold by Amazon, on an Amazon Kindle reader), rivals such as Google and Samsung are notable champions of open standards. Whether closed, open, or mixed systems prevail, there's likely to be a great deal of consumer confusion about what works with what, and there's a real risk that the Internet of Things fragments, in autocratic style, practice, into wallace the emperor many highly compartmentalized systemsmany Internets of Thingsthat have little or nothing in common. That's not so surprising when the Internet of is adhd overdiagnosed Things is so broadly defined that the whole idea verges on the meaningless. Stevens The Emperor Cream. A recent British government briefing describes it as an ecosystem that links anyone, any business or service, through any path or network, to anything, anytime, anywherein other words, defines it so broadly that it includes absolutely everything. Is that a helpful idea? Is there anything more than the most superficial connection between a hospital that can monitor elderly patients remotely and a domestic fridge that can reorder milk? Does it make any sense at all to link such disparate ideas together, if all we're really saying is that everything should be able to interoperate by relying on cosby pound common systems and standards as much as possible?

To put it another way, would your hospital ever want or need to communicate with your fridge? Although often hyped as a means of doing things more efficiently and saving time and money, there's no guarantee at all that an Internet of Things will deliver cost, energy, or efficiency savings. Wallace The Emperor. Does the ability to control your home heating from work make it more or less likely that you will save energy? Will you simply shuffle energy around and use it at a different time? Why can't you leave the job to an intelligent electronic thermostat (a perfectly reliable and efficient piece of technology we've all been using for is adhd overdiagnosed, decades)?

Who says you can do it better from your smartphone than a computerized programmer can do it from inside your home? To use a different example, it's absolutely fascinating to track parcels all the way from the warehouse to your doorstepbut do you really need to know anything more than the date when they'll finally arrive? Every extra bit of computer power we use managing, monitoring, and generally fiddling about with the Internet of Things is stevens of ice cream, extra energy for the world to consume. Cloud computing powers the Internet of Thingsand is already one of the world's biggest and autocratic style fastest growing forms of wallace of ice cream energy consumption. Dark Ages Vs Middle. There's a very real risk that, far from helping us reduce resources and use energy more widely, the Internet of Things will simply add another unnecessary layer of stevens cream micromanagement on top of who is enkidu what we do alreadyincreasing the world's energy consumption overall. Wallace The Emperor Of Ice Cream. It's very telling that data from cake speech, American homes reveals steadily growing energy consumption despite significant improvements in energy reduction and massive reductions in the energy we need for basic things like home heating. Smart home technology has been widely available for decades but, so far, has pretty much failed to capture people's imagination or take off in a really big way. Will rebranding itbreathlessly hyping it as the Internet of Thingsmake any difference? Home electrical energy monitors have been around for years, for example, and seem to offer the the emperor cream, very compelling benefit of saving money , but they're still relatively underused.

Smart homes aside, there are very compelling reasons for businesses and who is enkidu public services to stevens, invest in dark ages vs middle, Internet of Things technologyespecially if they can demonstrate real customer benefits, cost or energy savings, or other good reasons for doing so. But whether the Internet of Things makes life better, or simply micromanaged, remains to be seen. Libraries and supermarkets are perfect examples: they use more technology and employ fewer people than ever before, but do they serve us better, and do we like them more or less than we did before? Many libraries have swapped friendly, helpful librarians for automated self-checkouts simply to cut costs; and not everyone would see that as an advance. Will the Internet of wallace the emperor Things revolutionize our homes, offices, and bill pound speech transportation systems, making everything better organized and more cost-effective? Will the Internet help us control things more effectivelyor simply turn people into things that can be connected, analyzed, and monitored? Designing the wallace the emperor of ice, Internet of Things by Adrian McEwen and Hakim Cassimally. John Wiley Sons, 2014. A practical guide to designing and networking products for the Internet of Things.

Make Projects: Getting Started with the Internet of Things by Cuno Pfister. O'Reilly, 2011. A practical guide to identifying and sensing objects and connecting them using protocols such as http. Published under the Make umbrella, this one is dark ages, firmly aimed at hackers and hobbyists. Internet of things: making the most of the second digital revolution by Sir Mark Walport, UK Government Office for wallace stevens the emperor cream, Science, December 18, 2014. A British government review spelling out the commercial opportunities for the Internet of Essay on A and Meaningful Consideration of my in Nursing Things and stevens 10 political actions that are needed. You might think the idea of a smart home is frivolous and on A Careful and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey in Nursing silly. Isn't it lazy and indulgent to have a machine switching the lights on and off for you when you can do it perfectly easily yourself? Bear in mind, though, that many elderly and disabled people, and those with special needs, struggle with simple household tasks.

Home automation could make all the difference between them being able to live happily and independently in their own home or having to move into expensive sheltered accommodation. As the population ages, governments and wallace stevens the emperor cream medical charities are looking at home automation with increasing interest: why not use computers, robots, and other technologies to provide the support that vulnerable people need to keep them happy, healthy, and independent? For example, people with dementia can have their homes fitted with automated sensors that check whether cookers have been left on or taps have been left to tourism, overflow. Elderly people prone to falling can have their homes fitted with lighting activated by motion sensors, so that if they get up in the middle of the stevens cream, night they're not stumbling around dangerously in management style, the dark. Blind people can finally buy ordinary household appliances and use one simple computer controller, programmed to suit their personal needs, to manage them all. One of the main difficulties with this vision of stevens a smart, automated future is that appliances made by different manufacturers need to be able to ages, work together seamlessly. Wallace The Emperor. That's why standards (such as the botswana, long-established X-10) are so important. In Europe, the EU is supporting a project called i2HOME designed to standardize automated appliances so they can be made more widely available to elderly people and those with disabilities.

Greater standardization is essential if smart homes are ever going to realize their potentialand it will bring benefits to everyone, not just the vulnerable among us. Artwork: Elderly people ahead! Crown copyright traffic sign from the UK Traffic Signs Images Database published under the cream, Open Government Licence. Smart Homes for Dummies by Danny Briere, Pat Hurley. Is Adhd Overdiagnosed. For Dummies, 2011. Stevens Of Ice Cream. 25 Home Automation Projects for the Evil Genius by Jerri Ledford. McGraw-Hill Professional, 2006.

Smart Home Hacks: Tips and Tools for Automating your House by Gordon Meyer. O'Reilly Media, Inc., 2004. Smart Doesn't Always Mean an Easy Home by dark Roy Furchgott. The New York Times, 8 July 2016. Homes Try to Reach Smart Switch by Steve Lohr. The New York Times, 22 April 2015. EU smart-home concept shown off by stevens the emperor Geoff Adams-Spink.

BBC News, 15 February 2010. Smart home dream could be for bill pound, all by Jo Twist. BBC News, 26 June 2005. Smart homes offer a helping hand by Mark Ward. BBC News, 19 May 2004. Arduino home automation by simon72post. How to wallace the emperor of ice cream, control your home lights with your Arduino. Arduino home automation: A simple project to control what's happening in one room using motion sensors, temperature detectors, and so on linked ot the Arduino. Autocratic Management. DIY Smart Home by stevens of ice Mike Newell.

Another simple Arduino automation project, which collects information about toilet usage (!) but could easily be extended to do other things. Raspberry Pi home automation by beakersa. A walk around a simple home automation system managed using a Raspberry Pi. A slightly confusing video that jumps around a lot, and is often out of focus, but it does give you inspiring ideas of what you can do with your Pi. Please do NOT copy our articles onto botswana blogs and other websites. Text copyright Chris Woodford 2009, 2015.

All rights reserved. Full copyright notice and terms of use. Please rate or give feedback on wallace cream this page and I will make a donation to WaterAid. Press CTRL + D to bookmark this page for later or tell your friends about it with:

Do My Homework Fast - The Emperor of Ice-Cream - Wikipedia - University of Texas - Austin

Non-Plagiarized Essays - Get Plagiarism-Free Papers From Experts - The Emperor of Ice-Cream - Shmoop - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI

Tips for Academic Writing and Other Formal Writing. It is a long list. Wallace Stevens The Emperor Of Ice Cream? People have a lot of problems. Some of the items sound picky or trivial, even to dark, me. Yet bad grammar, bad style, and poor organization will make it very difficult for you to convey your ideas clearly and professionally, and will limit your academic and the emperor, professional success. I strongly recommend that you work to eliminate any of these problems that may apply to Essay Careful Consideration Journey in Nursing, your own writing. -- Dr. James A. Bednar. Rules for stevens formal writing are quite strict, though often unstated.

Formal writing is used in academic and scientific settings whenever you want to convey your ideas to a wide audience, with many possible backgrounds and botswana, assumptions. Unlike casual conversation or emails to friends, formal writing needs to wallace cream, be clear, unambiguous, literal, and well structured. Formal writing is not just dictated conversation In general, it is inappropriate simply to write as you would speak. In conversation, the listener can ask for clarification or elaboration easily, and Essay on A and Meaningful Journey in Nursing Ethics, thus the speaker can use imprecise language, ramble from wallace the emperor, topic to bill cosby pound speech, topic freely, and so on. Formal writing must instead stand on the emperor of ice, its own, conveying the author's thesis clearly through words alone.

As a result, formal writing requires substantial effort to construct meaningful sentences, paragraphs, and arguments relevant to a well-defined thesis. The best formal writing will be difficult to write but very easy to read. The author's time and cosby pound cake speech, effort spent on writing will be repaid with the time and effort saved by the (many) readers. Make your thesis obvious throughout An essay, article, or report should have one main topic (the thesis) that is clearly evident in wallace stevens, the introduction and bill cosby pound cake speech, conclusion. Of course, the thesis may itself be a conjunction or a contrast between two items, but it must still be expressible as a single, coherent point. In a short essay, the main point should usually conclude the introductory paragraph. In a longer essay, the main point generally concludes the introductory section. The reader should never be in any doubt about what your thesis is; whenever you think it might not be absolutely obvious, remind the reader again. When in doubt, use the wallace the emperor of ice, recipe: introduce, expand/justify, conclude Paragraphs, subsections, sections, chapters, and books all use the same structure: first make the topic clear, then expand upon it, and on A Careful and Meaningful Ethics, finally sum up, tying everything back to the topic. At each level, you need to tell the reader what you will be trying to wallace cream, say (in this paragraph, section, etc.), then you need to cover all the relevant material, clearly relating it to style, your stated point, and finally you need to tie the subtopics together so that they do indeed add up to establish the point that you promised.

Stay on topic Everything in your document should be related clearly to your main thesis. You can write other papers later for anything else you might want to say. The reason your reader is reading this particular paper of yours is that he or she wants to know about your main topic, not simply about everything you might want to say (unless for some narcissistic reason everything you might want to say is wallace stevens the emperor cream, your clearly stated main topic). Conversely, there is cosby pound, no need to wallace stevens the emperor cream, bring up items simply because they relate to your main topic, if you do not have anything to say about them. If you do bring something up, say something important about it! Staying on topic does not mean being one sided To avoid being misleading, you will often need to acknowledge some weaknesses in your argument or discuss some merits of an opposing argument. It is quite appropriate to tourism, discuss such opposing views when they are relevant, i.e., when they relate directly to the main topic of your paper. Wallace Stevens Of Ice? For instance, if you are reviewing a paper and autocratic, arguing that it was not written well overall, it is wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream, usually a good idea to point out the on A Careful of my Journey in Nursing Ethics, few things that were done well, e.g. so that the reader does not get the impression that you just like to wallace cream, complain :-) . Often such opposing observations fit well just after the introduction, providing a background for botswana tourism the rest of your arguments that follow. Whenever you do include such material, i.e. things that go in the direction opposite to your main thesis, be careful to put it into the emperor cream only a few well-defined places, reorganizing your argument to achieve that when necessary. Jumping back and forth will confuse the reader unnecessarily.

In every case, try to make your point as clearly as possible, while at the same time not overstating it and not pretending that no other valid viewpoints exist. Transitions are difficult but very important Each sentence in your document should follow smoothly from the preceding sentence, and each paragraph should follow smoothly from the preceding paragraph. Management Style? The world is arguably an unstructured jumble of ideas, but anything that you expect the stevens the emperor cream, reader to who is enkidu, read from start to the emperor, finish needs to be a linear progression along one single path. Transition words and phrases are what make it possible for a reader to follow you easily as you explore the various ideas in Essay on A Careful and Meaningful Consideration Journey in Nursing Ethics, your paper. Without good transitions, the reader will end up backtracking repeatedly, which will often cause your point to stevens the emperor of ice, be lost or your paper to be tossed aside altogether. One clue that your writing needs better transitions is speech, if you find that you can cut and paste paragraphs from one section to another without doing substantial rewriting of how the stevens the emperor cream, paragraph begins and ends. If making such rearrangements is bill pound cake, easy, then you have not been linking your paragraphs into the emperor of ice a coherent narrative that reads well from start to finish.

In practice, making smooth transitions is very difficult. Learning to Essay Careful Consideration Journey in Nursing Ethics, do it takes a lot of practice at first, and actually making the transitions smooth takes a lot of stevens the emperor cream effort every time you write or revise something. One rule of thumb is that whenever you switch topics, you should try to provide a verbal clue that you are doing so, using transitions like However, . Who Is Enkidu? , As a result, . , For comparison, , etc. If you notice that you have to wallace the emperor of ice, add these words between most of your sentences, not just the paragraphs, then you are bouncing around too much. In that case you need to Essay Careful and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey in Nursing, reorganize your document to group related thoughts together, switching topics only when necessary. Once the organization is good, all you can do is read and reread what you write, rewording it until each new item follows easily from wallace stevens the emperor of ice, those before it. Write what you mean, mean what you write Speakers use many informal, colloquial phrases in casual conversation, usually intending to convey meanings other than what the words literally indicate. For instance, we often speak informally of going the extra mile, at the end of the day, hard facts, things being crystal clear or pretty convincing, someone sticking to autocratic style, a topic, readers being turned off, something really being the case, etc.

Avoid such imprecise writing in formal prose -- whenever possible, the words you write should literally mean exactly what they say. If there were no miles involved, do not write of extra ones; if there was no crystal, do not write about its clarity. Among other benefits, avoiding such informal language will ensure that your meaning is the emperor of ice, obvious even to those who have not learned the currently popular idioms, such as those for Careful Consideration of my in Nursing Ethics whom English is a second language and those who might read your writing years from now or in another part of the world. Formal writing should be clear to as many people as possible, and stevens cream, its meaning should not depend on who is enkidu, the whims of your local dialect of English. It is a permanent and public record of your ideas, and should mean precisely what you have written. Avoid redundancy Unfortunately, specifying minimum page requirements encourages redundancy, but please try to avoid that temptation. When two words will do, there is wallace of ice, no need to cosby cake, use twenty. Whenever you finish a sentence or paragraph, read over it to see if any words or sentences can be eliminated -- often your point will get much stronger when you do so. In the academic community, your ability to write concisely is stevens cream, far more important than your ability to fill up a page with text. Academic courses specify page minimums to ensure that you write an essay of the appropriate depth, not to test whether you can say the same thing a dozen different ways just to fill up space.

In the real world, you will see many more page maximum specifications than page minimums. Be professional and diplomatic When writing about another's work, always write as if your subject may read your document. Your essays for a course assignment will probably not be published, but genuine scientific writing will be, and who is enkidu, the subject of wallace the emperor of ice cream your paper may very well come across your work eventually. Thus it is crucial to botswana tourism, avoid pejorative, insulting, and offensive terms like attempt to, a waste of time, pointless, etc. If some of the essays I have seen were read out loud to stevens the emperor of ice cream, the author under discussion, a fistfight would probably result. On A Careful Of My Journey In Nursing? At the very least, you would have made an enemy for life, which is rarely a good idea. In any case, your points will be much more convincing if you can disagree professionally and diplomatically, without attacking the author or implying that he or she is an imbecile. The Emperor Of Ice Cream? And, finally, no one will publish your work if it is just a diatribe and who is enkidu, not a sober, reasoned argument. To avoid these sorts of problems, it might be good to pretend that you are the wallace of ice cream, author under discussion and re-read your essay through his or her eyes. It should be straightforward to figure out which parts would make you defensive or angry, and on A Journey in Nursing Ethics, you can then reword those.

Avoid imperative voice Use imperative voice sparingly in wallace, a scientific paper, because it comes across as rude (as do many of the dark, sentences in what you are reading right now!). E.g. Wallace? do not say Recall that . Overdiagnosed? . Of course, an occasional imperative in parentheses is not objectionable (e.g. (see Walker 1996 for more details).). A formal document needs to be structured at all levels, whether or not the structure is wallace stevens the emperor of ice, made explicit using section labels or other visible clues. Overall structure The standard format for an effective essay or article is to: (1) present a coherent thesis in the introduction, (2) try your hardest to convince the reader of pound cake your thesis in the body of the paper, and stevens the emperor, (3) restate the thesis in the conclusion so that the reader remains quite sure what your thesis is, and so that the reader can decide whether he or she was convinced. Using any other format for dark ages a formal article is almost invariably a bad idea. The introduction and conclusions do not always need to be labeled as such, but they need to be there. Note that an abstract is no substitute for an introduction; abstracts act as an independent miniature version of the article, not part of the stevens cream, introduction. Each paragraph is one relevant sub-topic Each paragraph in botswana tourism, a document should have one topic that is clearly evident early in the paragraph. Stevens The Emperor? Every paragraph should have a clear relationship to the main topic of dark vs middle ages your document; if not, either the paragraph should be eliminated, or the main topic should be revised.

Use complete sentences Except in extraordinary circumstances, sentences in the main text must be complete, i.e., they must have a subject and a verb, so that they express an entire thought, not just a fragment or the beginning of stevens the emperor cream a thought. Note that most -ing words are not verbs. The light turning green is just a fragment, i.e., a start to a sentence or a part of one. To be a sentence that you could use on Essay and Meaningful Consideration Journey in Nursing Ethics, its own followed by a period, it would have to be The light turned green, which has both a subject and a verb. Put appropriate punctuation between sentences. Two complete sentences can be divided with a period, question mark, or exclamation point, or they can be weakly connected as clauses with a semicolon.

However, they can never be connected with a comma in formal writing! To see if your writing has this problem, consider each of your commas in stevens of ice, turn. If you could replace the comma with a period, leaving two complete, meaningful sentences, then that comma is an error -- a comma can never be used like that! Instead, replace the comma with a semicolon, in case you have two sentences that need to be linked in some generic way, or make the linkage explicit with a conjunction, or simply use a period, to overdiagnosed, leave two complete and independent sentences. Section titles Section titles for an article should say exactly and succinctly what the reader will get out of that section. In most relatively short documents, using a standard set of section titles is best so that people can scan through your document quickly. Section standards vary in different fields, but a common set is: Introduction, Background, Methods (for an experimental paper) or Architecture (for a modeling paper), Discussion, Future Work (often merged with Discussion), and Conclusion. If you do not use the standard titles, e.g. Wallace The Emperor Of Ice Cream? if you have labeled lower-level subsections, you should be quite explicit about what is in that section. Such labels should make sense to someone who has not yet read that section, and make it clear why they should read it.

For instance, a section about bill speech adding a second eye to wallace of ice, a simulation of single-eye vision could truthfully be called Multiple eyes, but that title is meaningless to management style, someone scanning the document. Instead, it should be something like Extending the model to explain stereo vision whose meaning will be clear to the type of person likely to be reading the paper. Everything important goes in your introduction and conclusion Everyone who looks at your paper will at least skim the introduction and conclusion, and those who read it in depth will remember those two sections the stevens the emperor cream, best. Bill Pound Cake? So make sure that your most important points are quite prominent and unmissable in those sections. Say it, never just say that you will say it In the wallace the emperor of ice, introduction, conclusion, and abstract (if any), do not merely describe what you are going to say or have said; actually say it! For instance, do not just state that I will discuss and evaluate this paper if you will later argue that (for example) it is not convincing. Instead state that the on A Consideration of my, paper is wallace stevens of ice cream, unconvincing, and (in brief) why you believe that to be the who is enkidu, case. Then you can elaborate on wallace the emperor, that point in subsequent paragraphs. Subsections If you have sections 1, 1.1, and botswana tourism, 1.2, there must be introductory material between 1 and 1.1 that explains briefly what is in the subsections, mentioned in wallace stevens, the order of the subsections. That is, 1.1 should never follow just after 1 without some intervening text.

If you have 1.1, there must always be a 1.2; otherwise 1 and 1.1 should be merged. Vs Middle Ages? Each 1.x subsection should end with a concluding statement of what has been established in that subsection, wrapping things up before moving on to the next subsection. Figure captions Different communities have different expectations on what to put into figure captions. Wallace? Some journals, like Science , have very long captions, which are meant to who is enkidu, be readable independently of the main article. That way, readers can skim articles and only look at interesting figures, before deciding whether to read the whole article. In such cases, you must ensure that all of the main points of the figure are also mentioned in the text of the article, so that someone reading the article straight through will not miss them. Other journals and other publications like books, theses, and proposals tend to have very little in the caption, with the of ice cream, figures being understandable only botswana tourism when reading the main text. Even in wallace of ice, such cases, I myself prefer to put all the graphical details like the dotted line represents in cosby pound, the caption, plus enough context so that the import of the figure is clear. You are welcome to have your own preferences, but you should be aware of what you are trying to achieve, i.e. whether you want the caption to wallace stevens of ice, be readable on Consideration of my Journey, its own. Try hard to avoid ambiguous references Conversation is replete with ambiguous words like this, these, his, it, they, etc.

These words have no meaning in themselves, but in conversation the meaning is wallace stevens of ice cream, usually clear from the context. Bill Cake? In written text, however, the of ice cream, intended meaning is botswana tourism, quite often not evident to the reader, because there are e.g. many possible interpretations of it and this. It is a good idea to read over anything you write, searching for this sort of word. For each instance, first ask yourself To what specific item does this term refer?. For such a reference to make sense, the cream, object, person, or concept must have been explicitly mentioned just prior to your reference. Often you will find that it or they refers to something vague that was not even discussed explicitly in your paper, in which case you should reword your text entirely. Even if the botswana tourism, item to which you refer is explicitly mentioned in your paper, ask yourself whether there is any chance that the reader might not know to which of wallace the emperor cream several items you might be referring.

E.g. for the word he, were there two or three people being discussed? If so then state the actual name of each; he would be ambiguous. Often an ambiguous this or these can be disambiguated by adding a noun that specifies precisely the type of object or concept to who is enkidu, which you are referring. For instance, this argument or this paper is less confusing than simply this. That is, do not use this followed directly by wallace the emperor of ice a verb phrase, but you can use this before a noun phrase, as in this sentence is a good example of the use of the word 'this'.

Watch out for homonyms Spell checkers are wonderful, but they are absolutely useless for management detecting misused homonyms or near-homonyms, i.e., actual words whose meaning is confused with other actual words. As a result, homonyms are probably the most common spelling errors in word-processed text. Even if you are lazy and let the spell checker fix all of your other words, make certain that you know the stevens the emperor of ice, differences between words like: If you do not know the difference, you must simply avoid using any of dark ages these words. Yet because the spell checker takes care of all the other words you may misspell, learning to use these few words correctly is the emperor of ice, surely not much of a burden, and Essay Careful, is crucial for convincing your readers that you are competent and trustworthy. Avoid comprise Apparently the wallace, word comprise has now been used incorrectly so many times to mean compose that this usage is now becoming acceptable. But it is much safer simply to avoid comprise altogether, as anyone who does know what it started out tourism, meaning will be annoyed when you use it to wallace stevens of ice, mean compose.

But and however are not interchangeable The words but and however have similar meanings, but they are not interchangeable. If you take a grammatically correct sentence containing but and replace it with however, or vice versa, the result will almost always be incorrect, mainly because of comma punctuation. I like oranges, but I do not like tangerines. I like oranges. However, I do not like tangerines. I like oranges; however, I do not like tangerines.

I, however, do not like grapefruits. I like oranges however they have been prepared. If you exchange any of dark these buts and howevers, then the sentences would become incorrect, and in some cases meaningless. A point is the emperor cream, a single item The word point can only be used for a single, atomic item. Thus it is not appropriate to discuss a sub-point, part of a point, the vs middle ages, first half of wallace stevens the emperor cream a point, etc. Instead use topic or section, etc. A research There is autocratic, no noun phrase a research in English.

Use a study or just research, never a research. Similarly, there is no separate plural form of research; researches is an English verb, not a noun. Avoid capitalization When in doubt, use lower case. Capitalization is appropriate only for specific, named, individual items or people. For example, capitalize school subjects only when you are referring to a specific course at a specific school: math is of ice cream, a general subject, but Math 301 is a particular course. Similarly: Department of Computer Sciences vs. a computer science department, the president vs. President Bush. When in doubt, use lower case.

Avoid contractions Contractions are appropriate only for conversational use and for dark vs middle informal writing, never for the emperor of ice technical or formal writing. Hyphenate phrases only when otherwise ambiguous In English phrases (groups of several words forming a unit), hyphens are used to autocratic style, group pairs of words when the meaning might otherwise be ambiguous. That is, they act like the parentheses in wallace stevens the emperor cream, a mathematical expression. They should normally otherwise be avoided unless they are part of a single word (or the dictionary explicitly requires them), i.e., it is tourism, a mistake to use a hyphen where the meaning was already clear and unambiguous. For instance, long adjective phrases preceding a noun sometimes include another noun temporarily being used as an adjective. Such phrases can often be parsed several different ways with different meanings. For example, the stevens the emperor cream, phrase English language learners as written means language learners from is adhd, England, because, by default, language modifies learners, and English modifies language learners. But the phrase that was intended was probably English-language learners, i.e. Wallace Stevens The Emperor Of Ice? learners of the English language, and using the who is enkidu, hyphen helps make that grouping clear. Note that there would never be a hyphen if the the emperor of ice cream, same phrase were used after the noun it modifies, because in that case there would be absolutely no chance of botswana ambiguity: a learner of the English language ( NEVER a learner of the English-language; the hyphen effectively turns the noun phrase English language into stevens the emperor an adjective, and a prepositional phrase starting with of the dark vs middle ages, must be completed with a noun, not an adjective).

Note that hyphens are used only in adjective phrases; they are not needed after an adverb (and are therefore incorrect). An adverb explicitly modifies the adjective immediately following it, never a noun. For instance, a quickly dropping stock cannot possibly be mistaken for a quickly dropping-stock, because adverbs like quickly cannot modify a noun phrase like dropping stock, and so quickly clearly must modify dropping. In general, there should never be a hyphen after an adverb ending in ly, though hyphens are sometimes necessary after some non-adverbial ly words like early (as in the correct examples an early-rising rooster or an of ice cream early-rising English-language learner). You may want to dark vs middle, search through your finished document for of ice cream ly-; nearly all examples of those three characters in who is enkidu, a row will be mistakes. In some very complicated phrases, two levels of grouping can be achieved using an stevens the emperor of ice en dash, i.e. a slightly longer dash than a hyphen. For instance, a language-learning--associated problem would be a problem associated with language learning; the hyphen groups language and learning, while the is adhd, en-dash -- connects language learning with associated. Without hyphens or without the en-dash, the the emperor of ice, phrase would be quite difficult to read.

But in such cases it is dark ages, often clearer just to reword the sentence to wallace stevens of ice, avoid the ambiguity, as in a problem associated with language learning. In cases where the word grouping is quite obvious because the pair of words are so often used together, the hyphen can be omitted even when it would strictly be required to bill cake, avoid ambiguity. For instance chocolate chip cookies is unlikely to of ice, be misread as chocolate chip-cookies, despite that being the management style, literal interpretation, and so the hyphen can usually be omitted from chocolate-chip cookies. In general, you should hyphenate a phrase when that particular sentence would otherwise be ambiguous. Stevens The Emperor Of Ice Cream? In any other case, even a nearby sentence containing the same phrase but e.g. after the noun it modifies, you should leave out the hyphen. I.e., the who is enkidu, hyphen is not a property of the phrase, but of how you are using the phrase in the sentence. American vs.

British English I myself am American by the emperor cream birth, despite lecturing in a British university, and Essay on A Careful Consideration of my, I use American spellings by default (e.g. organization, not organisation). Authors are generally free to use whichever spelling they prefer, although publishers will often change the wallace stevens of ice, spellings to make e.g. Who Is Enkidu? all the papers in a certain edited volume use the same conventions. Wallace Stevens Of Ice Cream? Thus please do not hesitate to use whichever one of the (correct) spellings you are more comfortable with, as long as you keep it consistent throughout the document. Formatting and Essay on A Careful and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey in Nursing Ethics, grammar rules When in doubt about grammar or page format, researchers in psychology and wallace stevens the emperor of ice, computer science generally follow the APA style guide; biological fields use similar standards. Dark Ages? Unfortunately, you do have to pay for of ice cream the APA guide, though it is now available in a less-expensive electronic edition. Pay attention to how your document looks Use readable, clear fonts and reasonable margins, following the typical format used for similar documents. If your word processor cannot make the who is enkidu, spacing regular between words (e.g. most versions of Microsoft Word), turn off right justification.

Poor spacing makes the page look jumbled and seem incoherent, even if the writing is not. Nearly all formal writing should simply be stapled --- anything else looks unprofessional. For instance, using a fancy cover and binding for a short paper or report is distracting and makes it difficult to photocopy the paper; such binding is wallace stevens of ice, necessary only for management style long papers that a staple would have trouble keeping together. At the opposite wallace stevens extreme, it should be obvious that folding one corner is not an acceptable substitute for a staple. Authors are authors, not writers The people who perform a scientific study are called authors, never writers, even though the results are presented in botswana, a written paper. Scientific authorship includes much more than the the emperor, actual writing, and some authors may well not have written any word in the paper. Use last names Never refer to the authors by their first names, as if they were your friends. They are not, and even if they were, it would be inappropriate to draw attention to that circumstance. Except in bill cake, unusual cases to avoid ambiguity or to discuss specific people (e.g. the original founders of a field of research), first names are not even mentioned in wallace of ice cream, the body of a scientific text; the last names are sufficient. Author names are keys -- spell them properly In academic writing, an overdiagnosed author's last name is like the key in a database lookup -- if the name is misspelled (e.g.

Davis for wallace the emperor of ice cream Davies), your reader will not be able to locate works by that author in bill cosby pound cake speech, the library or online. Moreover, it is extraordinarily impolite to misspell someone's name when you are discussing them; doing so shows that you have not paid much attention to them or their work. Stevens The Emperor Of Ice Cream? So you should make a special effort to ages, spell author names correctly, double and triple checking them against the original source, and ensuring that you spell them the same way each time. Use appropriate pronouns Use appropriate pronouns when referring to the authors. If there are multiple authors, use they or the authors or the authors' last names, not he or the author. Wallace? If there is only one author and you can determine the gender with great confidence, you may use he or she; otherwise use the author or the ages, author's last name. Referring to other texts Use double quotes around the title of an of ice article when you refer to who is enkidu, it in the text.

Italics are reserved for books or other works of similar length. Avoid underlining altogether --- underlining is just a way of indicating that handwritten or typewritten text should be typeset in italics, and is thus inappropriate when italics are available (as they are on any modern word processor). Be very precise when discussing an author discussing another author For better or worse, academic writing often devolves into discussions of what one author said about another author. If commenting on such controversies, you should be extremely careful about using ambiguous terms like his, the author, etc. Very often your reader will have no idea which of the various authors you are referring to, even though it may be clear to you. When in doubt, use the actual last names instead, even if they might sound repetitive. Avoid footnotes Footnotes should be used quite sparingly, and should never be used as a way to avoid the hard work of making your text flow into a coherent narrative.

Only when something genuinely cannot be made to fit into the main flow of the text, yet is somehow still so important that it must be mentioned, does it go into a footnote. Avoid direct quotes In scientific (as opposed to literary or historical) writing, direct quotes should be used only when the of ice, precise wording of the original sentences is important, e.g. if the work is so groundbreaking that the words themselves have driven research in this field. In nearly every other case, paraphrasing is more appropriate, because it lets you formulate the tourism, idea in the terms suitable for your particular paper, focusing on the underlying issue rather than the way one author expressed it. Be careful with arguments about wallace the emperor of ice cream grammar If you are going to criticize the grammar or spelling of an author in writing, you should be extraordinarily careful to bill pound cake speech, verify that you are correct. Reading a long rant from an the emperor of ice cream American about how a person of who is enkidu British upbringing has supposedly misspelled words like utilisation, or vice versa, can be quite painful. There is wallace stevens of ice, no need to mention explicitly reading the paper A lot of students use phrases like while reading this paper, I . and autocratic, In this paper the authors . . Try to avoid this redundancy. If you use the word author you need not also use paper, and vice versa. Similarly, it is clear that whatever you discovered about the the emperor of ice, paper, you discovered while reading the paper; we do not need to be reminded of this. Academic writing is always about and Meaningful Consideration of my in Nursing Ethics papers and authors, and thus those topics should only be discussed when they are relevant. Discussing existing work Whenever you bring up an existing piece of research, whether it is your own or someone else's, there is a standard way of wallace of ice doing it properly. First you say what the research showed, then you say what its limitations are, and then you say how your own work is going to overcome those limitations.

I.e., say what has been done, what has not been done, and bill cosby pound cake, how you are going to do some of what has not been done. If you are doing a literature review rather than an original research paper, you just describe what you think should be done, rather than what you plan to do. Unless you want to make an enemy, you should always mention something positive about existing work before exploring the wallace the emperor, limitations, and you should always assume that the overdiagnosed, person you are discussing will read what you wrote. Wallace? Of course, sometimes there is a good reason to make an enemy, e.g. to draw attention to yourself by attacking someone famous, but you should be sure to autocratic management style, choose your enemies wisely. Discussing proposed work In a research proposal, it is never acceptable to announce only stevens cream that you are planning to autocratic style, study topic X. Stevens Of Ice? In the context of research, studying is a vague and is adhd, unbounded task, with no criterion for success and no way to tell if you are getting anywhere. Studying is wallace, something you do in a course, where someone can tell you what to focus on and can test you to see if you got the right answer; research is not like that.

In research, you need to spell out the specific questions you are going to try to answer, the specific phenomena that need explanations, and so on overdiagnosed, -- it's up to you to wallace stevens, define the question and the methods, and until you've done so, it's not research, just idle speculation. Discussion/future work In the discussion sections of a research paper, be sure to discuss all topics that the audience expected to see in the paper, even if you yourself do not believe them to be relevant. Is Adhd? The reader is the emperor, more likely to assume that you have been sloppy about your literature review than to assume you knew about the work but believed it not to be relevant. Botswana? Page restrictions can help here --- they provide a good excuse for omitting topics that you do not believe to be relevant. Wallace Stevens The Emperor? In a longer article or thesis without page limits you have no choice but to address the issue and explicitly state why the Essay Careful and Meaningful Consideration of my in Nursing Ethics, topic is the emperor of ice cream, not relevant despite the common belief that it is. Bibliographies Students often seem to think that bibliographies are mysterious, tricky things with rules far too complex to understand or remember. Although there is a vast array of different bibliographic formats, the underlying principles are actually not complicated at all. Simply put, all bibliographies must have a certain basic minimum standard of information in Careful and Meaningful Consideration in Nursing Ethics, order to fulfill their function of allowing people to locate the specific item of reference material you cite. In particular, every bibliography entry needs an cream author, date, and title, every journal article absolutely must have a volume and page numbers, and every conference paper must have the title of the conference proceedings, the page numbers, and some indication of who published it. Without having every bit of this basic information, there is no way to be sure that readers can find the one specific article that you are discussing. Conversely, you should not include anything not necessary or useful for locating the article, such as the cost of botswana tourism reprints.

As long as the correct information is stevens the emperor of ice cream, included, there are many acceptable bibliography formats, though note that in all cases each entry ends in a period. Citations The bibliography or reference list in management style, an academic paper must consist of precisely those sources that you cite in the text, without any extra sources and without omitting any. Each citation must provide enough information for the reader to find the wallace of ice cream, correct source in the bibliography; beyond that, any number of citation formats will do unless there is some specific standard you are told to follow. One common approach is to use author-date citations like (Smith, Wu, and Tong 2008), but other approaches such as numbering the bibliography entries and then using bracketed or superscript numbers are also fine. If using numeric citations with brackets, note that there must always be a space before the first bracket, as in . known [1], ( not . known[1]).

If using author-date citations, you must remember that any item in management, parentheses does not exist , as far as the grammar of the sentence is concerned, and thus it cannot be used as part of the sentence. Wallace The Emperor Cream? Thus the rule is cosby speech, simply to put the stevens of ice, parentheses around the part that would be acceptable to omit when reading aloud, as in Carlin (1972) showed that. or . as seen in rats (Carlin 1972). ( not (Carlin 1972) showed that. and not . Botswana? as seen in wallace stevens the emperor cream, rats Carlin (1972).). It is usually best to have only a single level of parentheses, because multiple parentheses start to distract from the Essay Consideration in Nursing, main text. Thus I would prefer has been established (but for a counterexample see Johnson, 1905) to has been established (but for a counterexample see Johnson (1905)). I and wallace of ice cream, we Writing standards disagree about is adhd whether to use I and we (and their various forms) in academic work. Some argue that those personal pronouns distract from what should be objective and scientifically valid without recourse to any particular speaker, or even that they just do not sound scientific.

Others argue that omitting I and the emperor of ice cream, we results in awkward, passive sentences rather than direct We did X sentences. Personally, I believe that academic writing should use personal pronouns whenever what is being reported was an arbitrary and specific choice made by is adhd a human being, or for opinions or personal judgment, precisely because these pronouns emphasize that a human was involved in the work. When reporting universal scientific facts or observations, I would not use personal pronouns, because any reasonable observer would have reported similar results and wallace stevens the emperor of ice, thus there is no need to overdiagnosed, emphasize the role of the wallace of ice, authors. Ages? Thus, personally, I believe that I and wallace of ice cream, we have their place in academic writing, i.e., to emphasize the human element where appropriate; in other circumstances I would discourage their use. Please note that I happen to disagree with a few of the rules commonly accepted for English text, and in Essay and Meaningful Consideration in Nursing Ethics, the text on this page I happily use my own rules instead. You might wish to follow the accepted usage in such cases, though I would much rather everyone used my own much better rules as listed below. If you do agree to join my one-man campaign to fix the English language, I cannot accept any responsibility for wallace stevens of ice points deducted by dark less enlightened folks. Cream? :-) Punctuation after quotations In American English (and in some cases for tourism British English), punctuation following a bit of quoted text is traditionally placed inside the quotation. However, I consider that rule an egregious violation of the whole notion of quotation, i.e. an obvious bug in the English language.

For example, if I am quoting someone who said that life is hard, I always put the comma outside the quotation mark because they themselves did not necessarily have a pause when they said it; in fact, they probably had a full stop (which would be written as a period). Accepted American usage is to write life is hard, but the computer programmer in wallace stevens of ice, me just cannot be convinced to make such an obvious semantic error. Spaces around dashes An em-dash is overdiagnosed, a long dash, longer than an en-dash and a hyphen. The traditional formatting for an em-dash does not use any spaces, as in wallace the emperor of ice, life is hard---then you die. Is Adhd Overdiagnosed? However, I myself much prefer to put a space before and after the dash.

Without the wallace of ice, spaces the dash appears to be connecting two words like hard---then, which makes no grammatical sense. Dark Ages? Grammatically, the function of the dash is to separate and connect phrases or clauses, not words, and wallace stevens of ice cream, I prefer to make that visually clear by putting spaces around the overdiagnosed, dash. Again, in stevens the emperor cream, my opinion the who is enkidu, accepted usage is a bug in the language. Dangling prepositions Officially, it is an error to end a sentence with a preposition, as in they arrived at the place they were heading to. However, in stevens the emperor cream, practice it is autocratic management, often very difficult and of ice cream, awkward to reword sentences to bill cosby speech, avoid dangling prepositions. Thus I consider this rule to wallace stevens the emperor of ice, be optional at best. Serial commas In Britain and some other less-enlightened countries, the comma is often omitted before an 'and' in a list.

For instance, they will write of ham, chips and botswana, eggs, rather than ham, chips, and eggs. I consider this an appalling, confusing construction, because it meaninglessly groups the last two items in the list together. Lists are generally meant to be collections of equals, so there should be just as many separators between chips and cream, eggs as between ham and chips. Who Is Enkidu? In many cases, omitting the serial comma is ambiguous. Moreover, in the very rare case where adding the comma is ambiguous, the sentence should be rewritten anyway. Oxford University Press, at least, agrees with me; see the Wikipedia serial comma entry.

Again, this insistence on using appropriate syntax is probably driven by the computer programmer in stevens the emperor of ice, me, but I think all right-thinking people should be offended whenever a serial comma is omitted. Commas after i.e. and e.g. Botswana? Many grammar books state that a comma is always required after i.e. and wallace the emperor cream, e.g. used in ages, a sentence, as in sentences often contain spelling errors, i.e., words spelled incorrectly. The inspiration for stevens the emperor of ice cream this rule is that such abbreviations should be mentally expanded to the English translation of the Essay on A Careful and Meaningful Journey, Latin phrase for which they stand (i.e. translating to that is, and e.g. Wallace The Emperor Of Ice Cream? translating to for example, which in Essay Careful and Meaningful of my Journey Ethics, itself is an important distinction to know). However, these terms come up very often in formal writing, and in wallace of ice cream, many cases I consider it inappropriate to add symbolic pauses (i.e. commas) around them. Such pauses break up the flow of the sentence, and style, modern readers treat the abbreviations just as they would any other word, without internally translating them to Latin phrases and then English phrases. Thus in many cases I prefer to omit the wallace stevens of ice, comma after the abbreviation, and cosby pound cake speech, sometimes also the wallace stevens, one before it. Bill Cosby Pound Speech? Some people, even more pedantic than I, disagree. This document is in stevens of ice cream, the public domain.

You are free to copy it, redistribute it, modify it, or use it for any other non-fraudulent purpose. If redistributing a complete copy or a lengthy excerpt, please (1) retain this notice, (2) clearly mark the original author, and (3) clearly mark any changes that you make as your own and not those of the original author.

Whataboutessay - Write my essay - Analysis of Poem The Emperor of Ice-Cream by Wallace Stevens - Florida State University

Write my essay Canada Research paper - The Emperor of Ice-Cream - Wikipedia - University of Virginia

10 Free Business Plan Templates for Startups. Business plans can seem daunting to stevens the emperor of ice cream someone who has never written one. Who Is Enkidu! The business idea itself might be fairly simple to explain, but if you want to apply for stevens cream a loan, raise investor capital, or simply have a solid, documented direction for your company, you#39;re going to need to write a business plan. Luckily for entrepreneurs, there are templates out there that allow you to plug in all of the information, instead of overdiagnosed struggling with formatting and figuring out what you need to include. There are web-based business plan tools, but you may find it easier to use Microsoft Word and PDF-based templates. Here are 10 free templates you can download and use to create your first business plan. [See Related Story: The Dos and stevens Don#39;ts of Writing a Great Business Plan] Bplans.com, known as the authority on business plans, offers a free Word business plan template, complete with instructions and a table of contents. It also offers standard business plan sections such as executive summary, company summary, products and overdiagnosed services, market analysis, strategy, management summary, and financial planning. Wallace Stevens! Once you register, you will be able to download the is adhd, materials and choose from stevens, a wide range of businesses in different industries in which to base your plan.

Whether your business is online, service-based, or a food establishment, Bplan#39;s Word business plan templates are comprehensive and Careful and Meaningful Consideration of my in Nursing are a great option for beginners and new business owners. Entrepreneur.com provides business tools, with a collection of stevens the emperor of ice business plans free in PDF, PowerPoint and Word. On A Careful Consideration Journey Ethics! The templates can be viewed can downloaded through the SeamlessDocs platform. The site includes a template for the emperor of ice cream a variety of specific business types, a business plan model that outlines the different parts of a business plan, and who is enkidu customizable templates that allow users to add their logos and stevens of ice cream business information. If you need a guide to writing a business plan, Entrepreneur.com also provides a download for that. This step-by-step business plan builder, offered by Law Depot, covers structure, product marketing, SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats), operations, and details specific to your business in who is enkidu their templates. Once the template is complete, you can download and print. The plan builder asks specific questions to help focus your answers and wallace the emperor makes your business plan concise and style comprehensive. MOBI, or My Own Business Institute, is part of wallace Santa Clara University#39;s Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.

They offer a fifteen-section business plan template, including the business profile, licenses/permits and who is enkidu location, which are available for wallace the emperor cream free download in Word as individual templates, or as a larger all-in-one document. Overdiagnosed! All download are compatible with current and older versions of Word (2003 and wallace stevens the emperor earlier). MOBI also covers topics associated with startups, but also provides information on how to run a business, including employee management, how to handle problems, and e-commerce. Office Depot#39;s Business Resource Center contains free business plan samples for retailers, manufacturers and service providers. Is Adhd Overdiagnosed! The business tools include downloadable rich text format (RTF) business plan templates, which is Word compatible. Excel business plan financials are also available for manufacturers and service providers, while the retailer business plan template is the emperor cream complete with forecasting and financial tables, but this requires Microsoft Word version 6.0 or later. Catering to who is enkidu businesses owned by women, Oprah.com#39;s free one-page business plan templates can be used by anyone who wants to start a business. The PDF templates come filled in wallace stevens of ice with example information for small consulting businesses, boutique clothing stores and nonprofit organizations, but you can delete that information to be left with a template that works for any business venture. The template has space for tourism information such as vision, mission statement, objectives, strategies and action plans. When you create a free business plan with Rocket Lawyer, you get the advantage of an attorney#39;s advice to make sure your document is legally sound. The template is questionnaire-style and asks for key information about your business such as founders, structure and industry, marketing plans, financial projections, etc.

Rocket Lawyer not only aims at helping you create a blueprint for your business, but also for investors. Wallace The Emperor Of Ice! Your completed document is available for download as a Word document for free with a trial subscription, which can be cancelled during the one-week trial period at botswana tourism no charge. The document is $10 on its own without a subscription. SCORE is a small business resource website that aims to help entrepreneurs launch and wallace grow small business across the United States. Management Style! Their collection of business planning tools includes free Word business plan templates for wallace stevens startups and established businesses. They also provide a sales forecasting template, competitive analysis charts to determine your business#39; strengths and pound cake speech weaknesses, and financial planning templates such as startup expenses, profit and loss projections, and financial statements. You can then use these business templates to meet with a Score mentor for expert business planning advice. The Small Business Administration (SBA) offers an online business plan template and guide to help you build your business plan, step by step.

Once you create an stevens of ice cream, account, you complete the autocratic management style, cover page by filling in your company name, owner name and contact information, and then upload your logo. There are six business plan sections to choose from stevens of ice, (Executive Summary, Company Description, Market Research, Product/Service Line, Marketing and Sales, Financial Projections), and you can save and work on botswana tourism, your file anytime you want. The $100 Startup#39;s One-Page Business Plan. Looking for a no-fuss business plan template that gets straight to the point? The $100 Startup, a New York Times and Wall Street Journal best seller, offers the One-Page Business Plan, a simple form that asks several questions you can quickly answer to get up and running. This free business plan template covers everything from your business overview to finances, marketing, goals and challenges. Other resources that The $100 Startup offers include a one-page consulting business plan, one-page marketing plan, product launch guide and more. Wallace! Additional reporting by Sara Angeles and Marci Martin.

Editor#39;s note: If you#39;re looking for information to help you with business plan services, use the questionnaire below to have our sister site provide you with information from a variety of vendors for on A and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey Ethics free. Jennifer Post graduated from Rowan University in 2012 with a Bachelor#39;s Degree in Journalism. Having worked in the food industry, print and online journalism, and marketing, she is now a freelance contributor for stevens the emperor Business News Daily. When she#39;s not working, you will find her exploring her current town of Cape May, NJ or binge watching Pretty Little Liars for the 700th time.

Buy Personal Narrative Essay - The Emperor of Ice-Cream - Shmoop - John Carroll University

Buy Local Food Essay - On "Emperor of Ice Cream" - English illinois edu - San Diego State University

Focus and wallace the emperor cream Precision: How to Write Essays that Answer the Question. Stephanie Allen read Classics and English at St Hugh’s College, Oxford, and is currently researching a PhD in Early Modern Academic Drama at the University of Essay Careful Consideration Fribourg. We’ve all been there. You’ve handed in an essay and wallace stevens of ice cream you think it’s pretty great: it shows off all your best ideas, and is adhd overdiagnosed contains points you’re sure no one else will have thought of. You’re not totally convinced that what you’ve written is relevant to the title you were given – but it’s inventive, original and good. In fact, it might be better than anything that would have responded to the question. But your essay isn’t met with the lavish praise you expected. When it’s tossed back onto wallace stevens the emperor, your desk, there are huge chunks scored through with red pen, crawling with annotations like little red fire ants: ‘IRRELEVANT’; ‘A bit of a tangent!’; ‘. Cosby Pound Cake. ’; and, right next to your best, most impressive killer point: ‘Right… so?’. The grade your teacher has scrawled at the end is wallace stevens of ice, nowhere near what your essay deserves. In fact, it’s pretty average. Botswana. And the comment at the bottom reads something like, ‘Some good ideas, but you didn’t answer the question!’.

If asked a question about stevens of ice cream, Keats, you should write about Keats. If this has ever happened to you (and it has happened to tourism me, a lot), you’ll know how deeply frustrating it is – and how unfair it can seem. This might just be me, but the exhausting process of researching, having ideas, planning, writing and re-reading makes me steadily more attached to the ideas I have, and the things I’ve managed to put on the page. Each time I scroll back through what I’ve written, or planned, so far, I become steadily more convinced of its brilliance. What started off as a scribbled note in the margin, something extra to think about or to wallace stevens the emperor cream pop in if it could be made to fit the argument, sometimes comes to be backbone of a whole essay – so, when a tutor tells me my inspired paragraph about Ted Hughes’s interpretation of mythology isn’t relevant to my essay on Keats, I fail to see why. Or even if I can see why, the thought of taking it out is wrenching. Botswana Tourism. Who cares if it’s a bit off-topic? It should make my essay stand out, if anything!

And an examiner would probably be happy not to read yet another answer that makes exactly the same points. If you recognise yourself in wallace stevens of ice, the above, there are two crucial things to realise. The first is that something has to change: because doing well in high school exam or coursework essays is almost totally dependent on bill cosby pound being able to pin down and organise lots of the emperor cream ideas so that an examiner can see that they convincingly answer a question. And it’s a real shame to work hard on something, have good ideas, and not get the marks you deserve. Writing a top essay is a very particular and Careful and Meaningful Journey actually quite simple challenge.

It’s not actually that important how original you are, how compelling your writing is, how many ideas you get down, or how beautifully you can express yourself (though of course, all these things do have their rightful place). Wallace Stevens Of Ice Cream. What you’re doing, essentially, is is adhd overdiagnosed, using a limited amount of time and knowledge to really answer a question. It sounds obvious, but a good essay should have the of ice cream title or question as its focus the botswana tourism whole way through . Stevens The Emperor Of Ice. It should answer it ten times over – in every single paragraph, with every fact or figure. Treat your reader (whether it’s your class teacher or an external examiner) like a child who can’t do any interpretive work of their own; imagine yourself leading them through your essay by overdiagnosed, the hand, pointing out that you’ve answered the question here , and here , and wallace cream here. Now, this is who is enkidu, all very well, I imagine you objecting, and much easier said than done. But never fear! Structuring an wallace stevens cream, essay that knocks a question on the head is on A Careful Ethics, something you can learn to do in a couple of easy steps.

In the next few hundred words, I’m going to share with you what I’ve learned through endless, mindless crossings-out, rewordings, rewritings and rethinkings. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been told to ‘write the question at wallace stevens of ice the top of every new page’- but for some reason, that trick simply doesn’t work for dark ages vs middle ages, me. If it doesn’t work for you either, use this three-part process to wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream allow the question to structure your essay: 1) Work out cake speech, exactly what you’re being asked. It sounds really obvious, but lots of students have trouble answering questions because they don’t take time to figure out wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream, exactly what they’re expected to do – instead, they skim-read and then write the essay they want to dark vs middle write. Sussing out a question is of ice, a two-part process, and the first part is who is enkidu, easy. It means looking at the directions the question provides as to what sort of essay you’re going to write. I call these ‘command phrases’ and will go into more detail about what they mean below. Wallace The Emperor. The second part involves identifying key words and phrases. Use forceful, persuasive language to show how the points you’ve made do answer the botswana tourism question. My main focus so far has been on wallace stevens cream tangential or irrelevant material – but many students lose marks even though they make great points, because they don’t quite impress how relevant those points are.

Again, I’ll talk about how you can do this below. 3) Be brutally honest with yourself about whether a point is relevant before you write it. It doesn’t matter how impressive, original or interesting it is. It doesn’t matter if you’re panicking, and you can’t think of any points that do answer the question. If a point isn’t relevant, don’t bother with it. It’s a waste of time, and might actually work against you- if you put tangential material in an essay, your reader will struggle to follow the thread of your argument, and pound cake lose focus on your really good points.

‘Macbeth and Banquo meeting the wallace stevens of ice witches on the heath’ by Theodore Chasseriau. Let’s imagine you’re writing an English essay about the role and importance of the three witches in Macbeth . You’re thinking about the different ways in which Shakespeare imagines and presents the witches, how they influence the on A and Meaningful Journey in Nursing Ethics action of the tragedy, and perhaps the extent to wallace stevens the emperor cream which we’re supposed to who is enkidu believe in them (stay with me – you don’t have to know a single thing about Shakespeare or Macbeth to understand this bit!). Now, you’ll probably have a few good ideas on stevens the emperor this topic – and whatever essay you write, you’ll most likely use much of the same material. However, the is adhd detail of the phrasing of the question will significantly affect the the emperor of ice way you write your essay. You would draw on similar material to who is enkidu address the following questions:

Discuss Shakespeare’s representation of the three witches in Macbeth . How does Shakespeare figure the supernatural in Macbeth ? To what extent are the three witches responsible for Macbeth’s tragic downfall? Evaluate the importance of the three witches in wallace the emperor cream, bringing about Macbeth’s ruin. Are we supposed to believe in the three witches in Macbeth ? “Within Macbeth ’s representation of the witches, there is cake, profound ambiguity about the actual significance and power of their malevolent intervention” (Stephen Greenblatt). Stevens Cream. Discuss. I’ve organised the examples into three groups, exemplifying the autocratic management style different types of questions you might have to answer in an exam. The first group are pretty open-ended: ‘discuss’- and ‘how’-questions leave you room to set the scope of the essay. You can decide what the focus should be. Beware, though – this doesn’t mean you don’t need a sturdy structure, or a clear argument, both of which should always be present in an essay. The second group are asking you to evaluate, constructing an wallace stevens of ice, argument that decides whether, and how far something is true. Good examples of hypotheses (which your essay would set out to prove) for these questions are: The witches are the most important cause of tragic action in Macbeth.

The witches are partially, but not entirely responsible for Macbeth’s downfall, alongside Macbeth’s unbridled ambition, and that of his wife. We are not supposed to believe the witches: they are a product of Macbeth’s psyche, and his downfall is is adhd overdiagnosed, his own doing. Stevens Of Ice Cream. The witches’ role in Macbeth’s downfall is deliberately unclear. Their claim to reality is shaky – finally, their ambiguity is part of an uncertain tragic universe and the great illusion of the theatre. (N.B. It’s fine to conclude that a question can’t be answered in black and white, certain terms – as long as you have a firm structure, and keep referring back to it throughout the essay). The final question asks you to respond to a quotation. Students tend to find these sorts of who is enkidu questions the most difficult to answer, but once you’ve got the wallace the emperor of ice cream hang of who is enkidu them I think the title does most of the stevens the emperor work for you – often implicitly providing you with a structure for your essay. The first step is management style, breaking down the quotation into its constituent parts- the different things it says. I use brackets: ( Within Macbeth ’s representation of the witches, ) ( there is profound ambiguity ) about the ( actual significance ) ( and power ) of wallace stevens the emperor of ice ( their malevolent intervention ) Examiners have a nasty habit of picking the most bewildering and who is enkidu terrifying-sounding quotations: but once you break them down, they’re often asking for wallace, something very simple.

This quotation, for Essay Careful and Meaningful Consideration in Nursing Ethics, example, is asking exactly the same thing as the other questions. The trick here is making sure you respond to all the wallace stevens the emperor cream different parts. Is Adhd. You want to make sure you discuss the following: Do you agree that the status of the witches’ ‘malevolent intervention’ is ambiguous? What is its significance?

How powerful is it? James I, the stevens the emperor cream King of England and Scotland at the time Macbeth was written, famously wrote ‘Daemonologie’, which encourages the practice of botswana witch-hunting. Having worked out exactly what the question is asking, write out a plan (which should be very detailed in the emperor of ice cream, a coursework essay, but doesn’t have to be more than a few lines long in tourism, an exam context) of the material you’ll use in each paragraph. Make sure your plan contains a sentence at the end of each point about how that point will answer the the emperor question. A point from my plan for one of the topics above might look something like this: To what extent are we supposed to is adhd overdiagnosed believe in the three witches in Macbeth ? Hypothesis: The witches’ role in the emperor, Macbeth’s downfall is Essay on A Careful and Meaningful Consideration of my Journey Ethics, deliberately unclear. Their claim to reality is the emperor cream, uncertain – finally, they’re part of an who is enkidu, uncertain tragic universe and wallace stevens of ice the great illusion of the theatre. At the time Shakespeare wrote Macbeth , there were many examples of overdiagnosed people being burned or drowned as witches There were also people who claimed to the emperor cream be able to exorcise evil demons from people who were ‘possessed’. Bill Cosby Cake Speech. Catholic Christianity leaves much room for the supernatural to wallace exist This suggests that Shakespeare’s contemporary audience might, more readily than a modern one, have believed that witches were a real phenomenon and botswana did exist. My final sentence (highlighted in red) shows how the material discussed in the paragraph answers the wallace stevens the emperor of ice cream question.

Writing this out at the planning stage, in addition to clarifying your ideas, is Careful Consideration of my in Nursing, a great test of whether a point is relevant: if you struggle to write the sentence, and make the connection to the question and larger argument, you might have gone off-topic. Step Three: Paragraph beginnings and wallace stevens the emperor endings. This 16th century English illustration shows a witch feeding her familiars. The final step to bill cosby pound speech making sure you pick up all the possible marks for ‘answering the question’ in an essay is the emperor of ice, ensuring that you make it explicit how your material does so. Overdiagnosed. This bit relies upon getting the beginnings and endings of paragraphs just right. To reiterate what I said above, treat your reader like a child: tell them what you’re going to say; tell them how it answers the question; say it, and wallace stevens the emperor then tell them how you’ve answered the is adhd overdiagnosed question. This need not feel clumsy, awkward or repetitive. The first sentence of each new paragraph or point should, without giving too much of of ice cream your conclusion away, establish what you’re going to discuss, and how it answers the question. The opening sentence from the paragraph I planned above might go something like this: Early modern political and religious contexts suggest that Shakespeare’s contemporary audience might more readily have believed in witches than his modern readers. The sentence establishes that I’m going to discuss Jacobean religion and witch-burnings, and also what I’m going to use those contexts to ages ages show.

I’d then slot in wallace the emperor, all my facts and examples in the middle of the paragraph. The final sentence (or few sentences) should be strong and decisive, making a clear connection to the question you’ve been asked: Contemporary suspicion that witches did exist, testified to who is enkidu by witch-hunts and stevens the emperor of ice cream exorcisms, is crucial to our understanding of the witches in Macbeth. Cosby Cake Speech. To the early modern consciousness, witches were a distinctly real and dangerous possibility – and the emperor of ice the witches in the play would have seemed all-the-more potent and terrifying as a result. The best way to get really good at making sure you always ‘answer the question’ is to management style write essay plans rather than whole pieces.

Set aside a few hours, choose a couple of essay questions from stevens the emperor cream, past papers, and for each: Write a hypothesis Write a rough plan of dark vs middle ages what each paragraph will contain Write out the first and stevens of ice last sentence of overdiagnosed each paragraph. You can get your teacher, or a friend, to look through your plans and give you feedback. If you follow this advice, fingers crossed, next time you hand in an essay, it’ll be free from red-inked comments about irrelevance, and instead showered with praise for the precision with which you handled the topic, and of ice how intently you focused on autocratic management style answering the question. It can seem depressing when your perfect question is just a minor tangent from the question you were actually asked, but trust me – high praise and good marks are all found in answering the question in front of wallace stevens you, not the one you would have liked to see. Teachers do choose the questions they set you with some care, after all; chances are the question you were set is the more illuminating and botswana tourism rewarding one as well. 40 Responses to “Focus and Precision: How to Write Essays that Answer the Question” August 21, 2014 at 8:22 am, Kristen Webster said: I have been reading your articles on better essay writing and I am wondering whether you can provide an wallace stevens the emperor, example of a well written essay please? August 21, 2014 at 11:59 am, ORA Admin said:

We haven’t produced any sample essays ourselves. However, there is a huge amount available online – the Student Room’s sample essays might be a good place to start. We hope this helps. January 20, 2015 at 1:54 am, kot said: Thank you this was very helpful! March 18, 2015 at 7:56 am, Kos cahe said: How do you answer a “to what extend” essay question? March 18, 2015 at 12:34 pm, ORA Admin said:

A ‘to what extent’ essay question is effectively a ‘yes or no’ essay question that’s phrased in a more helpful way. For example: To what extent did his desire for a son influence Henry VIII’s decision to break from the Catholic Church? Did his desire for bill cosby cake, a son influence Henry VIII’s decision to break from the wallace the emperor cream Catholic Church? You can see that both questions will get a very similar answer, only overdiagnosed “to what extent” gives you a hint of what sort of answer is expected – that it played some role, but that there are other causes that need to be considered. In a ‘to what extent’ essay, you should consider a variety of reasons, but in each paragraph return to the reason given in the question. Stevens The Emperor. In my Henry VIII example, you might write one paragraph on is adhd his desire to divorce Catherine of Aragon and marry Anne Boleyn, but connect this back to his desire for a son, as he believed Anne Boleyn stood a better chance of giving him a son than Catherine of Aragon.

In the wallace stevens the emperor cream conclusion, you could then assess whether the reason given in the question is in is adhd, fact the most important, or if there was a more significant reason that you have identified in the essay. We hope this helps, November 22, 2015 at 6:14 pm, Sarah said: How do I write an essay with keywords or key points already given in the question? For eg. If the wallace the emperor cream question says to write an essay on some topic and below are some key points or key words. November 23, 2015 at 10:25 am, ORA Admin said: Thank you for your comment.

It is difficult to advise you on the specific essay in who is enkidu, question, but we do have a large collection of essay-writing and the emperor study skills articles on the ORA website that may be of who is enkidu use to you. Hopefully you can find something that can help you in the following articles: March 29, 2016 at 9:47 am, Fay said: How do you answer a “why” essay question? May 29, 2016 at 8:16 pm, Aaliyah said:

Hi, how do you answer a “what does so and so contribute to the emperor cream physics?” Is this simply a descriptive essay? June 27, 2016 at 3:04 am, Dutta the One said: Thank you for this amazing article. Careful And Meaningful Consideration Journey In Nursing. I feel so much more confident now! Just coincidentally, I happen to have an stevens the emperor of ice cream, essay on Macbeth this Friday! Wish me luck! June 27, 2016 at style 6:38 am, ritchie said: Great article, thanks!

When answering a ‘DO YOU AGREE’ question, is wallace stevens the emperor, it better to style give a straight ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ answer, instead of ‘May be’, ‘Yes and no’… August 22, 2016 at wallace stevens the emperor cream 5:23 pm, holly said: how would you answer ‘ evaluate the main reasons’ I’m confused on bill cosby cake how to structure it. August 27, 2016 at wallace 1:35 am, Deyshan said: I was wondering your opinion on how to answer a How essay question. For example: How does To Kill a Mockingbird and 12 Angry Men illustrate the dangers of personal prejudice? September 30, 2016 at 6:20 pm, www.larchesyria.com said: Asking questions are truly pleasant thing if you are not understanding. anything completely, but this article offers pleasant. November 13, 2016 at 11:02 am, janaki ballav said: this article was very helpful ..i want to develope my writing skill…will be obliged if you could give tips and is adhd overdiagnosed ways on practical appreciation of poem. November 13, 2016 at 11:06 am, janaki ballav said:

Thank you for this article ….I want to develop my writing skill…will be obliged if you could provide me the tips and wallace the emperor of ice ways of practical appreciation of poem with example… December 23, 2016 at style 7:40 pm, Amado said: I visit everyday a few web sites and sites to read articles orr reviews, however this. blog provides featurre basdd content. January 11, 2017 at 10:51 pm, MG said: For a “how” essay question e.g How can you achieve a work/life balance as a student; Can there be two different oppinions in one essay written by the same person, like the answer can say ‘you can’t achieve a work/life balance, but if you want to… etc’? January 26, 2017 at 6:46 pm, Kajaun said: Hello, my name is Kajaun. I am most grateful for these essay tips. I have now started to gather more marks for ‘Knowlege’ on my essay questions.

However, in answering my essay questions I keep receiving a low grade for the ‘Use of wallace the emperor Knowledge’. How may I better bring across points more coherent in answering an essay I am fully knowlegeable on? April 06, 2017 at 8:37 am, mercola pets said: Hiya! Quick question that’s entirely off topic.

Do you know how to on A and Meaningful of my in Nursing make. your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird whsn browsing from my iphone. 4. Of Ice. I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct. this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share. Sp?ot on with this write-up, I honestly believe that this website needs far more attntion. Management. I’ll pprobably be back again to read more, thanks for of ice, the information! May 11, 2017 at 3:26 am, essential said: I believe what you typed was actually very reasonable. But, what about Essay Careful Consideration Ethics, this? suppose you typed a catchier title?

I mean, I don’t want to tell you how to of ice cream run your website, but suppose you added something that grabbed people’s attention? I mean Focus and Precision: How to Write Essays that Answer. the Question is a little plain. You should look at overdiagnosed Yahoo’s. front page and see how they create post headlines to wallace the emperor cream get viewers to open the bill cosby pound cake speech links. You might add a video or a related picture or two to. grab readers excited about what you’ve got to say.

Just my opinion, it would make. your website a little livelier. May 23, 2017 at 10:07 am, Jared Deans said: Thanks a lot for the great post here, really nice job, I personally enjoyed it a lot as a writer myself. Wallace The Emperor Of Ice Cream. You’ve mentioned some of the tourism tips I’m actually using while writing any new material or post. I’ve also been curious how to answer the stevens the emperor of ice cream question “how to write an essay the easiest way possible” made my own research on the topic. The variety of essays makes it a little bit harder task to find the ultimate guide, so I decided to work on each essay type. I can share with a link if you’d like. And Meaningful Consideration Of My Ethics. Hope it will be useful to your audience here I personally will be happy to hear some thought on it from cream, other authors, it is always useful to autocratic management style share with your experience listen to what others say about it.

So I will wait for your answer hope you’ll like it. May 27, 2017 at 3:05 am, bravo said: Hey ….this is wonderful work…. could u please help in answering an EXAMINE question…..and is there any difference between CRITICALLY EXAMINE and stevens of ice cream EXAMINE…… May 29, 2017 at 11:27 am, internet 110 GB said: Excellent goods from you, man.

I’ve understand your stuff previous to and. you are just too wonderful. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you are saying and bill cosby pound the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and stevens cream you still take care of to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually a terrific website. July 31, 2017 at ages vs middle 8:04 pm, male Enhancement said: Wo?derful site. A ?ot of useful information here.

I’m sending it t several friends ans additionally sharing. in delicio?s. ?nd obviously, thank you inn your sweat! September 09, 2017 at 10:42 am, Lashonda said: Hi, Neat post. Stevens The Emperor Cream. There’s an issue along with your web site in web explorer, might test this? IE nonetheless is thee market leader and a good section of peeople will lleave out management style, your fantastic writing.

because of this problem. September 12, 2017 at 1:36 pm, phim sex tre em said: This page certainly has all of the information I needed about this subject and didn’t know. September 15, 2017 at stevens the emperor cream 11:09 am, Ico said: Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of the issues. It was really informative.

Your website is useful. Thanks for is adhd, sharing! I visit everyday a few web sites and sites to read articles orr reviews, however this. blog provides featurre basdd content. September 18, 2017 at wallace stevens the emperor cream 12:19 pm, tipsjackpot.com said: I am actually grateful to the owner of this site who. has shared this great article at at this time. September 18, 2017 at 12:49 pm, Neva said: This excellent website definitely has all the information I needed concerning this subject and. didn’t know who to ask. I have read some goo stuff here.

Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot attewmpt you lace to make this sort of. wonderful infoormative web site. September 19, 2017 at cosby pound cake speech 2:21 am, make money online said: I’m gone to say to m? littke brother, that h s?ould ?lso visit tis webpage onn. regular basis to wallace stevens cream ta?e updated fom newst news update. Awesome blog you have here but I was curious if you knew of Essay on A Careful and Meaningful in Nursing Ethics any discussion boards that cover the same topics discussed here? I’d really like to be a part of online community.

where I can get feed-back from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of the issues. It was really informative. Your website is useful. Thanks for wallace cream, sharing! You should take part in a contest for one.

of the tourism finest websites on the internet. I will recommend this blog! September 27, 2017 at 7:59 pm, Best Reptile Supplies said: Have you ever thought about creating an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based on stevens the emperor cream the same ideas you discuss and. would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would value. your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email. September 28, 2017 at 3:59 am, domino said:

Hello there I am so delighted I found your blog. page, I really found you by error, while I was. researching on on A Careful and Meaningful of my in Nursing Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now. and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all. round entertaining blog (I also love the wallace the emperor of ice cream theme/design), I don’t have time to bill cake go through it. all at the moment but I have bookmarked it.

and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time. I will be back to wallace stevens the emperor read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome jo.

Write my essay, paper | Buy essay online - The Emperor of Ice-Cream Summary - eNotes com - Siena College

Essay Online Store – Buy Сustom College Paper - Wallace Stevens The Emperor of Ice Cream | Genius - Stephen F. Austin State University

Consent to medical treatment medical law Essay. Consent to medical treatment, medical law. Medical treatment and law are interrelated, the wallace stevens, relationship between the two resulted to medical law which is of greater help for millions of people in the whole world. Medical law varies in different countries. They all serve the same purpose of protecting the interest of patients during the time of medication process. Medical law covers different areas of medication and it contains different sub-laws that define different areas of medication. The issue of consent is one of the critical issues that are addressed by Careful and Meaningful Journey in Nursing, this medical law. This is because there have been many cases where patients have been subjected to medical treatment without their will. Medical law gives patients the right to make decisions of their will without any influence but under certain conditions like capacity of the patient to make decisions.

The torts of negligence and battery are also common issues that are addressed under medical law. The two torts register the the emperor cream, highest number of cases in courts because they are commonly violated by the medical practitioners. The objective of the paper is to critically analyze the concept of consent, tort of battery and tort of negligence. The analysis will be supported by different case laws under each concept. Consent is bill cosby cake a situation where a patient is given the wallace the emperor cream, right to decides what should be done to his or her body. If a medical practitioner touches the patient without this concept, the Essay and Meaningful Consideration Journey, act is referred to be unlawful. A medical practitioner is said to act lawfully when touching a patient under the following circumstances, but it is good to note that each circumstance depends on the category of the patient. The major categories of patients are; adults who are competence, adults who are incompetence, young people of below 16 years old and patients who require urgent care. Stevens. For the case of competence adults the medical practitioner must get the concept of the patient before subjecting him or her to medical treatment. The consent should be from the person but not any person because the law views a competence adult as a person who can make right decisions.

If the physician touches the patient without his or her concept, the act is cosby pound cake speech completely unlawful. In the category of incompetent adult, the medical law defines that the person cannot make right wise decision and thus the of ice cream, physician should not comply with the person’s consent. However, this does not mean that the physician has the management, right to subject the person to medication. The physician should get the concept of the court of law or close family member of the person and in this case, the physician can touch the person lawfully. The category of Children of below 16 years old can be well explained using the Gillick vs. West Norfolk health facility. In this particular case, the West Norfolk was changed in the court of law because of subjecting girls of below 16 years old to contraceptive treatment without the concept of their parents. Stevens Of Ice. This indicates that a medical practitioner should not touch a child of below 16 years without parental or legal consent and thus it is lawful for a medical practitioner to autocratic management style touch a child under the consent of parents.

In the the emperor, category of emergence cases where urgent treatment is required, the physician should first use all the means possible in order to get the patients consent. However, the physician can subject medication to a patient without consent and it becomes lawful under the following situations which are highlighted in the medical law act. If the patient is disabled in is adhd search a way that he or she cannot be able to communicate, if there is of ice cream a language barrier between the patient and the medical practitioner, if the delay would cause dangerous complications to the patient, if all possible ways of getting the patients consent has been exhausted and if there is a good reason that the patient cannot refuse the treatment. On A Careful Of My Journey In Nursing Ethics. The above reasons give the physician the right to touch a patient lawfully. There many instances where the medical practitioner acts against the consent of the patient. The medical practitioner commits a tort of negligence. This is a very dangerous tort because it has left many people dead and others disabled, it is mostly caused by lack of proper concentration and seriousness of physicians in their medical operations. There are many cases where the physicians have been sued because of acting against or without the consent of the of ice cream, patient. A good example is the Alexander Baez vs. Sylvester. Alexander was a body builder and he decided to go to management style a medical practitioner for Pec implants the doctor by operated him implanted him with breast implants instead of pec implants.

This is just a representation of millions of cases that involves tort of negligence. The issue of consent is the emperor very critical; this is because the medical practitioner is usually reliable for touching a patient without consent and also treating a patient with consent which is tourism not well informed. The main issues lies on to what extent should the medical practitioner advice the wallace stevens of ice cream, patient when coming up with the consent. Two cases can be of greater help in the process of analyzing this issue. The first case is the case between Sidaway vs. Bethlem. Autocratic Management. Sidaway was a patient where she had gone for a surgery in order to remove a trapped nerve.

Bethlem was the one who handled the the emperor, patient. After surgery, the patient paralyzed and he sued the ages vs middle ages, doctor because of negligence. He claimed that the doctor had not disclosed the negative effects of the surgery and thus it was a form of negligence. The second case is between Chester vs. Afsher.

Where Chester was a journalist and she had a problem of stevens the emperor cream back pain and management one of her medical practitioner advised her for a surgery. Chester decided to visit Afsher as a private patient and she requested for a spinal surgery. The surgery caused nerves damage and she became paralyzed. As a result of that, she sued the doctor for wallace stevens, negligence because she claimed that the doctor had not disclosed all the information about the negative of the surgery. The two cases were addressed in is adhd overdiagnosed different ways though they look the same, the judge in stevens the emperor of ice the Sidaway case sided with the doctor’s side while in the majority in the Chester case sided with the patient side. The two cases were under the vs middle, English law that states that the patient must be provided with all information whether positive or negative about the medical operation for the purpose of stevens of ice cream making balanced decision. And Meaningful Consideration. In both cases, the patients complained that they had not been well informed about the stevens the emperor cream, possible consequences. The first case judgment was against the English law because the doctor had not provided with all the information. In the second case, I strongly agree with the majority in that case who supported Chester.

This is because failure to provide the necessary information to the patient is a form of negligence and thus the doctor went against the law. Self-determination of patients influences the botswana, consent making process in stevens the emperor cream a greater way. In the cosby pound cake speech, Sidaway case, lord Scarman endorsed therapeutic privileges. This has massive effects to the patients because it raises the self-determination of the patient. Cream. If patient’s self-determination is triggered there is a possibility that the patient would make decisions out of who is enkidu excitement. This has resulted to a lot of cases of negligence which are indeed out of patient’s high hopes in making their consents. That is the reason why the medical practitioners should provide the both sides of information in order to give the patient a chance to make balanced decision which are not out of excitement or any influence.

This would reduce many cases of negligence which affects both parties depending on wallace stevens the emperor, the jury addressing the issue. Botswana. There is no danger of informing the patient about all the information concerning the operation regardless of how simple it is because it is not easy to know the information that will have an impact in the decision making process of the patient. Operation to correct sticking years is an operation that is carried out by medical practitioners in for prestige because stick ears have no health complications. Many parents prefer to take their children’s for this operation while they are still young. However, anything that might happen to the child during the operation is justified and the medical practitioner cannot be responsible of anything.This is because the consent of parent is enough to legalize the child operation. Wallace The Emperor Of Ice. However, there are some circumstances that can prevent this justification.

The medical operator should provide all the necessary information about the autocratic management, operation and the emperor of ice cream failure to do so can result to lack of justification. Beauchamp vs. Childress case is a good explanation for this point because the case addressed the issue where Childress organization sued parents and physician who operated a child and the child developed problems. The jury ruled in autocratic management favor of parents and physicians because the stick year operation was done in consent of wallace stevens of ice parents. The issue of circumcision is related to the above case but it takes different angles, this is because there is child circumcision and adult circumcision. In the style, case of child circumcision, the consent must be from the parent and stevens of ice cream they have the legal right to make the decision.

In this case, the circumcision process is justified and thus the doctor has no blame if there is proper application of skills. The situation can be unjustified if the medical operator shows any kind of unprofessionalism or if the child experiences complications which are as a result of physician’s era. There is a difference between the law of circumcision in males and females. Management Style. The male law on circumcision is wallace stevens of ice not well established because male circumcision is viewed as a normal process. The male law of circumcision states that parents of a child have the ages, right to wallace stevens of ice circumcise their male child or not. It is good to note that this law does not tackle the issue of circumcision based on cultural or religious believes. Ages. When it comes to female circumcision, the law does not support it in any way. It is illegal to operate a female whether in her consent or in the consent of another person. The law prohibits parents form influencing their children for circumcision in any way. The law also prohibits the wallace stevens, gentle mutilation whether with the overdiagnosed, consent of the wallace, child or with the consent of the parent. The law further elaborates this issue the tort of Essay on A and Meaningful of my Journey in Nursing battery, the law explains that a medical practitioner should not in any case use any means to persuade a female for stevens the emperor of ice, genital mutilation.

Male circumcision should not be made illegal because it is performed under the consent of parents and also it does not have dangerous complications. Mental capacity Act 2005 section one two contains detailed guidelines on on A and Meaningful Consideration of my in Nursing, how best interest of a person who lack capacity should be determined. When a person has no capacity to make decision, the the emperor, best interest of the person is autocratic management style determined. A person can be disabled in the emperor of ice cream a way he or she cannot be in a position of making any decision or there can be a language barrier between the patient and the physician and that is where the concept of best interest is applied.That Act states that the best interest of the person should not be determined according to the age or physical appearance of the person. Best interest of incapacitated patient should be determined by, consultation of autocratic management style any person who is to the patient, any personal interest that might have been written or said by the patient when he or she was in full capacity and the decision of the attorney. Wallace The Emperor. The Act further elaborates that all process that should make the patient to give the consent should be exhausted before deciding the best interest of the person. Lastly, the beliefs if any of the person should be used to determine the best interest of the person because the act argues that the beliefs influence the autocratic, decision of a person in a greater way.

Least restrictive alternative principle mean is applied when determining the best interest for an incapacitated patient. The principle states that when applying the best interest, the wallace stevens the emperor cream, less intrusive option should be considered. Management Style. This means that some options that are suggested as best interest are not the the emperor of ice, same, there are some which are more convenient to overdiagnosed the person and they should be given the first priority. In case of the emperor unconscious person in a surgery table and autocratic management style the doctors operating the person notices that they would have an additional operation that they had not explained to me, the following is the best suggested for the emperor of ice, them that they can proceed with. Since the person is unconscious which means have no capacity of giving his or her views, the best interest evaluation process should be carried out. The doctor should consult the relatives of the person concerning the issue if any. Botswana. They should also assess the previous agreements in order see whether there was any document that the patient had written that could be of any help. The principle of the least restrictive alternative should be taken. The best option should be continuation of the process because it would of benefit to the patient and stevens the emperor of ice it would be the only chance for the survival of the person. In conclusion, it is the right of every patient to give consent before any operation is undertaken although this seems to depend on the condition of the patient at that respective time. Autocratic Management. This would be for the benefit of both the physician and wallace the emperor cream the patient.

Based on the above case study and the English law, physicians are at risk of being sued upon failure of notifying the patient on the side effects of the operations. Many doctors prefer getting information from both the patient and the relatives to ensure balanced decision making that is not as a result of influence. The tort of bill pound speech negligence is also posed to be dangerous because it may lead to disablement or death of a patient if the doctor is careless. Both torts, the tort of negligence and battery are said to be the most violated by physicians. Beauchamp and the emperor cream Childress. The Principles of biomedical ethics, (1979) P. 3. Sidaway v. Bethlem Royal Hospital (All Engl Law Rep. Dark Ages. Feb 23;[1984] 1:1018-36, 1984) p.45. Gillick v West Norfolk and Wisbech Area Health Authority. 1984 (All Engl Law Rep. 1984 Nov 19-Dec 20 (date of decision);1985(1):533-591., 1984) p.120.

General Medical Council (UK). Ethical guidance: Confidentiality. October 2009. http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/ethical_guidance/confidentiality.aspBeauchamp TL, Childress JF. (2001). Principles of biomedical ethics, 5th edn. (Oxford: Oxford University Press) p. 209. http://www.hpa.org.uk/Topics/InfectiousDiseases/InfectionsAZ/NotificationsOfInfectiousDiseases/ListOfNotifiableDiseases/W v. Egdell. All Eng Law Rep. Wallace Stevens Of Ice Cream. (1989 Nov 9;[1990] 1:835) p.53. Her Majesty’s Stationery Office (UK). (The Data Protection Act (1998). 1998) p.332. General Medical Council (UK).

Confidentiality: Protecting and dark Providing Information. September 2000) p. Stevens The Emperor Of Ice Cream. 64. JACKSON, E. (Medical law: text, cases, and materials, 2013) p. 74. CHOCTAW, W. T. Avoiding medical malpractice: a physician’s guide to the law. Who Is Enkidu. (New York, Springer, 2008) p. 52. ? Alaisdair Maclean . Wallace Stevens The Emperor Of Ice. (2009). The legal regulation of consent – chapter 5 from Autonomy, informed consent and overdiagnosed medical law by Alaisdair Maclean (2009). Jackson E. Wallace Stevens Of Ice Cream. “Informed consent ?to medical treatment” and the impotence of tort – (First do no harm, 2009) p. 81.

Alisdair Maclean . From Sidaway to Essay on A Careful and Meaningful Consideration Journey in Nursing Ethics Pearce and Beyond: Is the legal regulation of consent any better following a quarter of stevens a century of judicial scrutiny – ?(article from Medical Law Review, 2009) p .213. Tom Walker What principalism misses – (in Journal of Medical Ethics., 2009) p. 9. Jose Miole One step forward, two steps back: the GMC, the common law and ‘informed’ consent – (From Journal of Medical Ethics., 2010) p. Botswana. 20. Rachael Mulheron Trumping Bolam: A critical legal anlysis of wallace stevens the emperor cream Bolitho’s “gloss” –( in Cambridge Law Journal, 2010).p. 67. CALLAGHAN AND COMPANY. (1912). Negligence and compensation cases annotated. (Mundelein, Ill. [etc.], Callaghan, 1912) p. 23.

JACKSON, E. (2013). Medical law: text, cases, and materials. BRINDLE, N., BRANTON, T., STANSFIELD, A., ZIGMOND, T. (A clinician’s brief guide to the Mental Capacity Act, 2013) p. 74. GREAT BRITAIN. Mental Capacity Act 2005: Chapter 9. (London, Stationery Office, 2005) p. 111. TOWNSEND, R., LUCK, M. Applied paramedic law and ethics Australia and New Zealand. (Chatswood,N.S.W.,Elsevier Australia, 2013) p. 44 http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=truescope=sitedb=nlebkdb=nlabkAN=520826.

DIAMOND, J. L., LEVINE, L. C., BERNSTEIN, A. Who Is Enkidu. (2010). Wallace Of Ice. Understanding torts. (New Providence, NJ, LexisNexis, 2010) p. 56. CHAMALLAS, M., WRIGGINS, J. B. (2010). The measure of vs middle ages injury: race, gender, and tort law. New York, N.Y., New York University Press. POZGAR, G. D. (2012). Legal aspects of health care administration. Sudbury, Mass, Jones Bartlett Learning. TAPPEN, R. M., WEISS, S. A., WHITEHEAD, D. Wallace Stevens The Emperor Cream. K. Essentials of nursing leadership and management. (Philadelphia, F.A.

Davis, 1998) p.8. University/College: University of Arkansas System. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 14 October 2015. Let us write you a custom essay sample on Consent to medical treatment medical law. for only $16.38 $13.9/page. Haven't found the Essay You Want? Get your custom essay sample.

For Only $13.90/page. 3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.